A kiss can mean so many things; our field guide decodes the most important lip locks. There are many different ways to kiss your lover, and all of them can communicate something different about what or how you’re feeling. But what exactly are we expressing when we are kissing? Here’s a field guide to the major types of kisses, and what you’re saying with each of them.
1. The Single-Lip KissThe Single-Lip Kiss is a kiss that is truly all about love. Rather than diving into a more aggressive kiss, each person focuses on kissing only one of their partner’s lips at a time. Bernard Metlzer said, “Happiness is like a kiss. You must share it to enjoy it.”
This kiss is absolutely a shared experience. There is a give and take involved that indicates a deeper love for one another. Whether new or old love, this is a bond that you will want to continue to explore.
2. The Cheek KissThe Cheek Kiss is a kiss that is all about conveying that you like someone. Rather than dive right in at the mouth, one person lays a gentle kiss right on the other’s cheek. This kiss is about friendship and affection.
The person planting the kiss may have romantic feelings for the receiver, but this moment isn’t about that romance. This is about a true fondness, conveying the message that “I like you.” A kiss on the cheek that comes years into a relationship may just indicate that the all-important friendship still exists underneath it all.
3. The Closed Mouth KissThe Closed Mouth Kiss is one that shows you are not quite 100% comfortable with one another yet. Each person keeps their lips firmly closed, not allowing for moisture or tongues to touch. This kiss indicates that perhaps this is a new relationship where you haven’t let your guard down yet.
Charles Dickens said, “Never close your lips to those whom you have already opened your heart.” This kiss in a longer relationship could be a sign that you are each putting up emotional walls and that communication may need to be improved.
4. The French KissThe French Kiss is a kiss that is all about wanting to get to know the other person even more. Each person uses their tongue to explore the inner workings of the other’s mouth. This kiss is all about exploration – both literally and figuratively.
Ingrid Bergman famously said, “A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.” When you’ve run out of words, or when words just don’t seem to be enough, the French Kiss is exactly how to let your partner know that you want to be closer and that you wish to know them on a deeper level.
5. The Spiderman KissThe Spiderman Kiss is one that is all about spontaneity. Based on the famous movie scene, this upside-down kiss is probably best performed by us non-superheroes when one person is sitting or laying down.
This kiss shows that your relationship still surprises you. You each still share a sense of excitement, and you love the opportunity to sneak up and lay an unexpected kiss on your partner. Whether new or old love, you each care enough to keep finding new ways to express your feelings.
6. The Nibble KissThe Nibble Kiss is all about being feisty. One person gives the other one a little love bite on the lip, hopefully not so hard that it draws blood or pain. This kiss shows an underlaying passion that is often best expressed physically. You likely have a healthy, and perhaps athletic, sex life. You don’t mind being a little rough with each other, as this only spices things up even more.
7. The Gentle KissThe Gentle Kiss is one that is all about anticipation. Each person very lightly kisses the other on the lips, not applying very much pressure at all. Author Sheril Kirshenbaum writes, “Just a light brush on [the lips] stimulates a very large part of the brain – an area even more expansive than would be activated by sexual stimulation below the belt.”
This kiss is about teasing and delayed gratification. It indicates a deep level of comfort to practice such restraint with a gentle kiss.
8. The Angel KissThe Angel Kiss is about protection and a sense of security. One person lightly kisses the other on the eyelid while they are sleeping, as a reminder that someone is watching over them.
This kiss shows that taking care of one another is very important. It reveals that you have a strong sense of trust. You trust that you have each others’ backs and that you will protect one another from harm.
9. The Sloppy KissThe Sloppy Kiss is one that is all about sexual energy. Each person abandons any rhyme or reason and simply lets the fluids fly with this open mouth kiss. Author Sheril Kirshenbaum writes, “Men tend to express a preference for wet, sloppy, open-mouthed kisses.”
But that’s not to say women won’t enjoy them as well. This kiss shows that the typical order of a relationship is secondary to the physical aspect of the relationship. One shouldn’t be surprised if this kiss quickly leads to the bedroom.
10. The PeckThe Peck is a kiss that is all about testing the waters. Each person keeps their eyes and lips shut tight for a very quick kiss. Author Sheril Kirshenbaum writes, “A kiss really works as nature’s litmus test. It tells us whether we decide to pursue a relationship.”
This brief kiss is about seeing if there is a spark that might lead to more advanced types of kissing. When this comes in a longer relationship, it can be a quick check-in, or a sign of comfort with one another, as you say a quick “hello” or “goodbye.”
11. The Butterfly KissThe Butterfly Kiss is one that doesn’t involve the lips at all. Two people put their eyes as close together as possible and flutter their eyelids against one another’s. This kiss is all about young love. Very rarely will you see more mature or experienced relationships utilizing this type of kiss to express their love. This kiss shows an excitement and newness about things that will likely evolve into other, more stable kissing types. By taking a look at your kissing style, you can find out an enormous amount about your relationship.
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Leaked Audio Recording of Chan Chun Sing is a ‘Betrayal of Trust’, Says The President of the Meeting
- G.E.M’s Music Video About Covid-19 Fighters is So Touching, It’s Been Viewed 1 Million Times in 2 Days
- People Are Making Police Reports About Online Store Selling Surgical Masks That Advertised on FB
- Guide to Cleaning Your Smartphone Correctly ‘Coz Authorities Said Must Keep Phone Clean
- COVID-19 S’porean Patient Describes His Experience; Says a Nurse Has a Pregnant Wife Waiting for Him at Home
- South Korea Now Has Nearly As Many COVID-19 Cases as S’pore Due to a Church Cluster, Too