Recently, Facebook user Stefanie Lim posted a screenshot of her conversation with her GrabHitch driver, and the post has since gone viral.
It’s a very simple conversation…with a deep meaning.
Well, sort of.
As you can see in the screenshot, the GrabHitch driver was all friendly at first, but his attitude soon took a drastic turn when she revealed that it was her boyfriend hitching his ride, and not her.
With 945 shares and counting, the debate roars on, with a large percentage taking Stefanie’s side.
“Sleazy…” and “tiko hitch driver” are just some of the many comments condemning the GrabHitch driver.
There are however also Facebook users that defended the GrabHitch driver.
“In the first place why your boyfriend don’t book himself leh… Nobody wanna hitch him so you use a female account and face ah. Lol.”
“Rider different okay, driver different cannot, people logic”
“Driver already choose female rider, now last min change to male rider. Who false? Anyway driver got the right reject no matter what happen.”
Is the GrabHitch driver maligned here, or being really unprofessional right here? After all, he did not request to cancel, and from the conversation, it could come across as just a joke when he said he minded.
After all, GrabHitch did position itself as a service that can expand your social network (i.e. make new friends).
But of course, not to get hitched lah.
The issue of “buaya” GrabHitch drivers isn’t new: earlier, there is a GrabHitch driver who cancelled a ride immediately when he realized that the rider isn’t female, and also another who allegedly tried to ask a rider for coffee.
Guess we’ll be hearing more GrabHitch stories like this. But seriously, is it that difficult for a guy to hitch a ride?
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Once You Know This Secret Workout, You’ll Never Go To A Gym Again
- Here’s a Hack to Make Part-time Jobs Look for You Instead of You Looking for Part-time Jobs
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured Image: Stefanie Lim Facebook Page
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Clarke Quay Hotpot Restaurant Sells Rabbit Meat & As Expected, Netizens Started to Do Something About It
- Kurt Tay’s 31YO Prankster’s Way to Convince Kurt to Drop Police Case is As Childish as His Prank
- Japanese Sugar Baby ‘Luxury Mistress’ Matchmaking Service Comes to S'pore Without Much Resistance...Yet
- S’porean Shopper In JB Shocked to Know That The Money She Drew from ATM Were Fake
- 2 Men Arrested After Fighting Over A&W Seats At Jewel Changi Airport
- Media Makes Fun Of Gold Medalist Joseph Schooling For Putting On Weight At SEA Games