I’m sure you’ll agree with me: that small pocket above the main side pocket of our jeans is mainly for us to put our coins or keys.
In fact, that function is so widely popular that even some dress pants have that small pocket.
But what if I tell you that right from the start, the design isn’t meant for that function?
Yeah, you’ve read it right. That tiny pocket isn’t for your coins. Long, long ago, in the 1800s, cowboys used to do labour work and therefore can’t wear their chain watch while working as it might interfere with their work or they might break the watch.
During that time, a watch was considered a pretty expensive item. Therefore, jeans were created with a tiny pocket in front so that before they started work, they would put the chain watch in that pocket.
As time went by, people started to wear a normal wrist watch, but that pocket remained.
Now, people have many functions for that, and with the popularity of it, dress pants started to have them in their seam too.
In fact, one of my colleagues even mention that it’s for us to put your keys so that they won’t scratch our precious iPhones. Kinda made sense if you think about it.
Well, I’ve got to admit that this isn’t a useful piece of information, but hey, isn’t that a good way to impress your friends about the history of jeans?
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about a guy who lodged a Police report here in Singapore because he was friendzoned? Seriously. Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Everything About The Ku Hye-sun & Ahn Jae-hyun Divorce That Includes Dogs, Nipples & More Dirty Laundry
- SAF Encik Sent To DB & Fired For Keeping Blank Rounds Illegally Cuz He Wanted To Protect His Guys
- #ThirstyThursday: Coca-Cola Frozen Review: Smells & Taste Like Coke But Different
- Daughter Hires Killers To Kill Mother So She Can Get Inheritance To Save Boyfriend
- Girlfriend Stabbed BF After He Called Her ‘Fat’ & They’ve Only Been Together for 20 Days