Last Updated on 2016-06-20 , 1:34 pm
Your beloved pillow might just be causing you problems. Everything gets dirty over time, including your pillow cases which are exposed to dirt and oil from the environment and yourself. This then causes irritation and clogged pores to your head and face. Here’s what you can do to prevent them.
Washing pillowcases properly
Avoid using fabric softeners as they may be a problem for acne-prone skin. Pillowcases should be changed and wash on a regular basis to keep the dirt to a minimum. You wouldn’t want to be lying on a pillowcase which is full of dirt and germs even though it cannot be seen with the naked eye.
Washing your face and hair before sleeping
Cleaning yourself is an essential way to maintaining hygiene. It is even more essential to do this before sleeping as dirt and oil from your skin and hair may get transferred back to your scalp and face from your pillowcase. This will cause clogged pores and irritation which eventually leads to pimples or acne on your head and face.
Use pillowcases made of silk or other natural fabrics
Natural fabrics breathe better and transfer less oil, resulting in lesser build up of dirt. Silk is a good choice as it is beneficial for the hair and skin to stay healthy. Silk is also proven to reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles. It is wise to invest in a better pillowcase than to develop such issues later on!
Sleeping on your back or getting anti-wrinkle pillowcase
Side sleeping can cause sleep wrinkles and sleep lines due to the facial compression. Sleeping in any position which exerts pressure on your face can cause wrinkles. You should sleep on your back to prevent getting wrinkles or opt for another type of pillowcase. These pillowcases are often called ‘anti-wrinkle’ or ‘anti-aging’ pillowcases.
How much cash are you getting in December 2023 from the Government? Here are the facts simplified for you:
- Apple Claims Some Apps Like Instagram Are Causing iPhone 15 to Overheat
- This Halloween, 1 of the Most Popular Costume is a Barbie-Themed Costume
- Study Shows Drinking 2 Cups of Coffee a Day May Reduce Risk of Parkinson’s Disease by 8 Times
- Bukit Panjang Char Kway Teow Stall Explains Why There’s a $0.50 Charge for Removing Beansprouts
- 5 Facts About Angela Lee, Who’s Retiring from MMA
- ICA Responds to Allegations That Congestions in SG-JB Checkpoints Are Caused by Singapore