Ah, the Chinese. Just when we think they can’t come up with anything weirder, they somehow manage to surprise us. Here are 8 facts about China that are so bizarre, you’d think we made them up.
1. Chinese police use geese instead of police dogs.
2. It is possible to restore your virginity in China.
In a disturbing plastic surgery trend, some Chinese women willingly fork out hundreds to have their hymens restored right before their wedding night.
3. “Urine Eggs” are somewhat of a delicacy in China.
Urine eggs are boiled for an entire day in the urine of boys under the age of 10, and get this – the “delicacy” is sold for 1.50 yuan (SGD 0.30).
Traditional Chinese medicine practitioners claim that these eggs have plenty of health benefits, including improved blood circulation. Sounds dubious, if you ask me.
4. Chinese researchers wear panda suits to fool cubs.
5. Smart phone addicts have been given their own walking lane.
Instead of a bike lane, texters are given their own lane so as to avoid bumping into normal walking pedestrians. BRB, heading there right now.
6. Chinese babies wear “kaidangku” (“open-crotch pants”) instead of diapers.
Now you know why there’s always articles about Chinese children pooping everywhere.
7. Businesses install suicide-proof nets around their buildings.
Foxconn, Apple’s main outsourcing partner in China, addressed the rising number of suicide incidents in its employees’ dormitories by installing protective nets on its premises.
8. To train soldiers to keep their chins up, a pin is poked through the collars of their uniforms.
Brings a whole new meaning to the expression “no pain, no gain”.
This post was first published on goodyfeed.com
Latest posts by Cheryl Tee (see all)
- 10 Laws in S’pore That Many S’poreans Might Have Broken Unknowingly - May 8, 2018
- 8 Makeup Products For Girls Who Want to Sleep More (i.e. lazy lah) - May 7, 2018
- 7 All-You-Can-Eat Budget Buffets Under $20 - August 8, 2016