Can’t get enough of DC Comics superhero movies? Of course, you can’t!
Because they’re our childhood memories made into real, action-packed movies! What’s not to like, right?
Except for those haters who can’t let go of the old to appreciate the new but that’s a whole new can of worms.
So if you’re anything like me, you’ll be looking forward to watching the new Wonder Woman movie at the cinema.
But wait, hold up. Before you go there, here are nine facts about the movie that’ll make you appreciate the movie a whole lot more.
You’re welcome ;D
1. The movie will be released on 31 May 2017 in S’pore
And just like all articles, I’d start off with the most important fact.
The Wonder Woman movie will be released in Singapore at Shaw, Cathay and GV cinemas on 31 May 2017.
Time to jio your friends out for a movie date liao!
2. It Tells The Beginnings of Wonder Woman From When She Was a Girl
You love seeing the confident superheroes who appeared in Batman vs Superman back in 2016, but one thing you can’t deny is the satisfaction of seeing her beginnings.
You’ll see a part of the process which turned her from a young, innocent girl to the super-confident (no pun intended) woman in her later years.
This movie will portray Wonder Woman as a more naive and pure idealist, according to Gal Gadot, the actress who plays her in the movie.
3. Wonder Woman Actress a Wonder Woman in Real Life
Even as she portrayed Wonder Woman in the movie, she’s pretty much a Wonder Woman in real life as well.
In Isreal, she is part of the Isreali army, recently gave birth to her second child and was crowned Miss Isreal Universe back in 2004.
Her time is always split between modelling, acting and the Isreali army.
4. Gal Gadot gained over 7kg of muscles for the role
You envy the stars for their popularity and money but one thing that cannot be denied is the effort they put in for their craft.
Gal Gadot kept to a gruelling diet and exercise regime, which includes training in different martial arts to gain 7.8kg for the role. 6 months before the shoot, she trained 6 hours a day.
2 hours at the gym, 2 hours training in fight choreography and the remaining 1 & 1/2 to 2 hours doing horseback riding.
And she says the training for the movie is way more intense than her army training.
5. She’s 32 and a mother of two
And this is for all mothers out there who’re afraid their body will 走样 (become unattractive) after giving birth to kids.
She is 32 years old and a mother of two, yet she still looks like this:
Now you got no excuse liao, right?
I mean, it’s not just because she’s a movie star. If a 50-year-old woman can do it, I don’t see why you can’t 😉
6. The Development of Producing a Wonder Woman Movie Began 21 Years Ago
That’s right. A whopping 21 years! If you’ve ever wanted to appreciate the movie even more, just know that it took countless people and countless hours to develop it into a movie you’ll be watching soon.
Now, don’t you feel bad if you won’t even pay for a movie ticket to watch the show? Say ‘no’ to piracy. Okay, I’ve just always wanted to say that.
7. It’s a Prequel to Wonder Woman’s First Appearance in 2016
If you’ve watched the movie Batman vs Superman, you’ll remember her epic entrance in the movie that made you shiver.
This movie, Wonder Woman, in 2017 is a prequel of sorts to the movie.
8. The movie will differ from her comic books origin
Okay, I thought this would be great to put in here before you guys set your expectations too high.
The movie will differ from her comic books origin.
In the comics, she was portrayed as a supporter of the Allies during World War II and was a figure created from clay. In the movie, she is placed in the 1910s and was involved in World War I, and is the daughter of Zeus
9. Get ready for super-cool special effects and amazing music to go along with it.
For this, showing is believing.
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
Love our articles on Showbiz? Here are some other interesting articles for you!
- S’porean’s Account of ABTM 4 Audition Gone Viral; Man Left the Room ‘Disgusted’
- Fiona Xie Going Overseas Again, This Time to Act in Hollywood Movie with Pierre Png
- Gary Allegedly Cut Off all Contacts with Running Man Members After He Got Married
Feature Image: tnp.com.sg
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
Latest posts by Boon Hun (see all)
- How Long Can You Actually Keep Bakkwa: Here’s What The Experts Say - January 16, 2018
- Don’t Say Bojio: 1-For-1 Dinner Buffet At Seasonal Tastes @ Westin S’pore (Until 14 Feb) - January 15, 2018
- Don’t Say Bojio: 10% OFF Storewide At All Phoon Huat Outlets (Until 17 Jan) - January 15, 2018