If you’re not a crazy rich Asian, no worries; you can still watch Crazy Rich Asians and feel rich.
(After all, the movie seems to show that everyone in Singapore is rich AF)
And what better way to feel rich in a cinema than to bring in a box of popcorn?
Any movie-goer would know that popcorn in cinemas is as expensive as the movie ticket: it’s understandable, since it’s one of the main revenue streams for cinema operators. When I was still a student (back in the days when Netflix was still in diapers), I’d forgo the popcorn and just go in without any food, because students are always poor AF.
I then made it my lifelong goal of ensuring that when I grew up, I’d earn enough to buy popcorn into a cinema.
I didn’t expect Netflix to come into my life, but anyways.
(Article continues below) Xing Xing is a 34-year-old Singaporean lady who decides to meet up with an online friend she found in Facebook. But it turns out that he’s not what he seems to be: Prepare boxes of tissue and watch the saddest Singapore Facebook love story here:
(Since you’re here, subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more informative videos lah)
If you’re like me who still harbour the dream of movies with popcorn, then this deal is for you.
Ticket + Popcorn Combo at $11
On a weekday, a movie ticket would cost $8.50, and a popcorn set (that’s with a drink) would set you back by an additional $10.
How about getting them both at $11?
Well, your voice is heard-ed.
This is now a reality, though a drink is missing, and let’s face it: we all get thirsty from the popcorn and we can’t bring our own drinks in.
But it’s still a steal, though do note that it’s only valid from Monday to Thursday, and in five outlets:
- GV Bishan
- GV Katong
- GV Tiong Bahru
- GV Plaza
- GV Grand
The $11 ticket bundle includes :
- 1 x Mon – Thurs ticket (Valid for first week titles / sneaks)
- 1 x regular 64oz sweet or salted popcorn
Here are the teams and conditions:
- Promotion is only valid for purchases via website, iGV and walk-in purchases via Box office / DBO at GV Bishan, GV Katong, GV Tiong Bahru , GV Plaza or GV Grand between 20 Aug to 14 Nov 2018 for Mon – Thurs screenings that falls between 20 Aug to 14 Nov 2018 except eve of PH & PH ( 21 & 22 Aug and 5 & 6 Nov 2018. )
- Promotion is valid for redemption of up to 4 tickets per transaction.
- Promotion is valid for regular 2D movies (valid for sneaks / 1st week titles) excluding alternative content, Tamil films, film festivals, event and corporate bookings.
- Promotion is not valid with GV Movie Club Price discounts, kids watch for free movie deal, student offer, senior citizen discount , other promotions or credit cards offers.
- GV reserves the right to alter the terms of this promotion without prior notice.
By the way, lest you’re not aware, The Nun is now in cinemas.
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
Latest posts by George Yang (see all)
- S’pore Telcos’ Prices for New iPhone Out & They’re Still High-SES Prices - September 20, 2018
- Yesterday’s 7-Hour MRT Disruption Wasn’t Due to ‘Signal Fault’ But Due to a ‘Switch’ - September 20, 2018
- 10 Facts About the Needles in Strawberry Scare So Far - September 19, 2018