E-Bike At Geylang Catches Fire; Baby Sent To Hospital

Image: moreimages / Shutterstock.com

It seems that anything starting with E has a tendency to catch fire nowadays. Previously, e-scooters burnt ablaze with all the audacity of a couple making out in public.

And now, it seems that their bicycle counterparts are keen to join in the fun.

Read Also: Don’t Say Bojio: $0.09 Meatballs & Items Starting From $1 At IKEA’s 75th Bday Bash

That’s right, folks, you didn’t read the headline wrong. A fire involving an electric bicycle broke out in Geylang just yesterday (3 Oct), causing a mere infant to be rushed to the hospital.

Electric bicycle

According to a spokesperson for the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF), they had responded to the fire, which took place at 527 Geylang Road (in a two-storey shophouse at 7:20 a.m.) on 3 October 2018.

“The fire involved a power-assisted bicycle and was extinguished by SCDF using one hose reel jet,” the spokesperson said.

“As a result of the fire, one infant was taken to KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital.”

Evacuation

According to the Chinese evening daily Shin Min Daily News, at least seven people were on the upper floor of the shophouse when the incident occurred. The child, being one of them, suffered from smoke inhalation.

Apparently, they were asleep when the fire broke out.

“I sniffed something and woke up. That’s when I saw smoke coming from downstairs and was shocked,” an unnamed source expressed.

He then woke the others up, before the SCDF was quickly summoned to the scene.

Chaos and Cause

The New Paper, being your friendly local journalists, headed down to the scene two days ago (3 Oct) to verify the scene for themselves, And according to them, the shop’s situation was pretty bad: filled with damaged electronics items that are covered in soot, they also saw fridges and vending machines lying outside the shop.

A man in his 50s, who’s apparently the business owner, attributed the cause of the fire to an electronic bicycle that’s believed to have been sitting in the store’s pantry area.

(Article continues below) Xing Xing is a 34-year-old Singaporean lady who decides to meet up with an online friend she found in Facebook. But it turns out that he’s not what he seems to be: Prepare boxes of tissue and watch the saddest Singapore Facebook love story here:

(Since you’re here, subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more informative videos lah)

The store reportedly deals in second-hand electronics, although it has not opened for business. The delay’s due to ongoing renovation procedures.

Well, with electronics lying around and an e-bike, it’s not too much of a surprise.

(Article continues below) Xing Xing is a 34-year-old Singaporean lady who decides to meet up with an online friend she found in Facebook. But it turns out that he’s not what he seems to be: Prepare boxes of tissue and watch the saddest Singapore Facebook love story here:

(Since you’re here, subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more informative videos lah)

E for E-saster?

Alright, I know that didn’t quite make sense, but cut me some slack; it’s hard to find a fitting caption for this article. But nevertheless, E-saster, as tacky as it sounds, is an understandably appropriate word for the occasion, seeing how everything starting with E seems to be breaking out in flames recently.

I mean; just check out the recent Marina Boulevard incident, in which an e-Scooter was caught bursting into flames.

E-scooter catches fire in Marina Boulevard: 'Man who tried to put out flames was forced to retreat'

E-scooter catches fire in Marina Boulevard: 'Man who tried to put out flames was forced to retreat'. Read the full story here: https://bit.ly/2R0jHYd

Posted by Stomp on Wednesday, 26 September 2018

E-saster? E-saster.

Indeed, after witnessing such horrifying events firsthand (albeit from the comfort of my own chair), I’ve a proposal.

Scrap all things starting with E.

So in essence, you’ll be scrapping all e-Bikes, e-Scooters… exams, maybe, that shit’s toxic.

Although eggs should be exempted, because… well…

It’s tasty. 

Image: Gifer

New Fire Safety Standards To Be Implemented By 2021

Due to the increasing number of exploding PMDs, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) decided that something had to be done about it.

The LTA is looking into making PMDs safer for everybody by making the UL2272 safety standard a requirement in all motorised PMDs from Jan 2021.

Retailers are required to stop selling non-compliant motorised PMDs from Jul next year.

Users of non-compliant PMDs, however, are allowed to continue using them until the end of 2020.

The Ministry of Transport urges the public to get the UL2272-compliant devices as soon as possible.

In other words, by 2021, news like this might no longer surface.

Though by 2021, aliens might have landed in Yishun.

Imagine your ex-boyfriend being featured in our app for jumping on a reserved seat. Or your nasty ex-boss being “roasted” in our app for being too handsome. You won’t have known these if you’ve not downloaded our app, as almost 80% of our contents are app-exclusive (i.e. you can’t find in our website / Facebook). If you don’t want to lose out, you really need to download our app NOW. Imagine you’re the one featured in our app and you didn’t even know about it #justsaying

Click Here to Download the App! 

Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers and video editors! Our office is located at Bukit Batok and hours are flexible. Click here for more info about being a writer and here for more info about being a video editor!

Almost 80% of our contents are app-exclusive (i.e. you can’t find in our website / Facebook): Click Here to Download the App! 


Zhi Hao

Zhi Hao

Just your average Singaporean guy who tends to write aimlessly, work out inefficiently and sleep soundlessly.
Zhi Hao