MREs, or Meals-Ready-to-Eat, are the packaged food given out to soldiers on the fields. Known as combat rations to us Singaporeans (especially those who served NS), these meals have gained a reputation for being quite unpalatable.
Even though MINDEF says the food all underwent extensive research and taste testing. You’re not fooling anyone here!
(although some sources say the combat rations actually taste decent once heated up, but who got time to heat food outfield, you tell me?)
Have a look below.
That’s the combat ration for the US army. Now…lo and behold.
HAHAHA. Let’s take a look at some more.
The next if my favourite.
That’s from France, and most likely from the “accessory pack”. Check how how cool they can be.
Chef George’s father served in the army, and frequently brought back MREs for his son to try. That was what inspired Chef George to come up with this quite fantastic idea.
MREs don’t actually look too bad, when given the Michelin star treatment. Unfortunately, in their exploration of MREs from around the world, Singapore was left out.
Who’s going for ICT soon? We’re waiting for masterpiece.
Since you’re here, why not check out Goody Feed’s YouTube videos as well? They’re so Singaporean, I bet you’ll like them!
Featured Image: mymodernmet.com
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Thai army combat ration looks & tastes so nice, it’s even Instagram-worthy
- The Complete Guide to Buying Furniture from Taobao at a Crazily Low Price
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Latest posts by Wen Xianda (see all)
- Some Sicko Cut off a Puppy’s Tail in S’pore. Let the CSI Begin~ - April 24, 2017
- There’s Another Hawker Centre ‘Fight’ Last Week but It was Defused by Security Officers - April 24, 2017
- Netizen Claimed that AMK Has Fake Eggs, But It’s All Fake News - April 24, 2017