Now we actually know how the Oscar mishap happened. The guy responsible was tweeting instead of paying attention to his job.
According to PricewaterhouseCoopers, the firm that has been overseeing the Academy Awards balloting for 83 years of the 89 years (and probably long-time winner of the award for longest company name ever), the accountant responsible for passing the envelope was tweeting just minutes before the mix-up.
The envelope was the backup envelope for Best Actress.
Mr Brian Cullinan, the man behind (literally) the gaffe, apparently tweeted a photo of actress Emma Stone with her new Oscar.
Following the mistake, Mr Cullinan and his partner did not follow through protocols for correcting it quick enough. According to Mr Cullinan, the appropriate procedures were unclear apart from signalling the stage manager.
Well, at least it’s quite clear the procedures definitely did not include tweeting on the job.
As a result, Mr Cullinan and his partner, Ms Martha Ruiz, are now permanently banned from all film academy related dealings. Rumours suggest they will be passing Steve Harvey the envelopes for Miss Universe ceremonies now.
The photo Mr Cullinan tweeted has since been deleted (the one above, which is a screenshot). IS THAT GUILT I SENSE?
I wouldn’t have deleted that photo. It’s going to be the last photo he’s going to get from an Oscars ceremony.
Featured Image: chicagotribune.com
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- O-Level Students Took Wrong Math Paper due to School’s Mistake, Now Afraid They’ll be Penalised
- S’porean Man Buys Life-Sized Snorlaxes Online by Mistake for Wife, Wife not Amused at all
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Latest posts by Wen Xianda (see all)
- Netflix Drama Used Yishun to Promote Their Series & Even ‘Broke the Fourth Wall’ - March 25, 2017
- This Girl Selling 烧饼 in M’sia Will Make All Guys go Up North to Buy Some Next Tuesday - March 25, 2017
- This Nurse is Both Pretty & Pretty Outspoken - March 25, 2017