Star Wars fans: spoilers ahead – don’t say I didn’t warn you okay! These are some of the things that you ought to know about the movie especially if you are a die-hard fan.
1. Hannibal‘s Mikkelsen To Be Jyn’s Absentee Father
Instead of a villain, Hannibal‘s Mikkelsen will instead be Jyn’s absentee father, the scientist Galen Erso who has a knack for building doomsday weapons.
2. Alan Tudyk Nearly Had A Second Role
Tudyk revealed that he nearly had a second role as well, besides K-2SO – as a pilot who may or may not have been based on his Con Man character Wray Nerely – but it was apparently cut from the movie.
3. Prequel To The Original Released Nearly 40 Years Ago
Judging by the reviews, Rogue One does not disappoint fans. But did you know: this is actually a prequel to the original Star Wars movies, which was released nearly 40 years ago? The movie links directly the 1977 movie, A New Hope.
4. The Star: New Character Jyn Erso
It focuses on new character Jyn Erso, a rebel on a mission to steal the plans for the Death Star, the giant and scary-looking spherical space station.
5. Death Star
Oh, speaking about the spherical space station, are you familiar with it? It’s a location that will be well known to fans of the original films but less so to younger fans.
6. Lesser Familiar Faces
You will find that there aren’t many familiar faces from the previous prequel trilogy in Rogue One, and this is why: Rogue One takes place many years after the events of 2005’s Revenge Of The Sith (episode three) but finishes just minutes before the start of 1977’s A New Hope (episode four).
7. Very Few of The New Faces Are Returning
Besides not being able to find many familiar faces in Rogue One, things seem to suggest that Jyn and her squad won’t show up in future Star Wars movies. However, Mon Mothma also appears in episode six, Return Of The Jedi – so it’s probably safe to say she survives the events of Rogue One.
8. Events In Rogue One Was Mentioned 39 Years Ago
Did you know: the plot of Rogue One can be summarised in just two paragraphs? In fact, this was done 39 years back when Star Wars: A New Hope was released on 25 May 1977.
When the movie opened with Star Wars‘ famous text crawl, the background to the plot was actually explained to viewers. Here’s what it says:
“It is a period of civil war. Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire,”
“During the battle, rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the Empire’s ultimate weapon, the DEATH STAR, an armoured space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet.”
9. Rogue Squadron Formed Right After The Battle Of Yavin
It was after the decisive victory involving the aftermath of the first Death Star’s obliteration as seen in A New Hope – which has been dubbed The Battle Of Yavin – that Rogue Squadron was formed, primarily out of the Red Squadron group of X-Wing pilots that wound up blowing up the Empire’s planet-destroying starship.
10. A Father-Daughter Story
Jyn, the star of the show, is reluctantly drawn into the war between the Galactic Empire and the Rebel Alliance, as she’s charged with leading a team to steal the Death Star plans and bring hope to the galaxy. The odds of success aren’t great, but Jyn does have one major advantage: her father, Galen Erso played by Mads Mikkelsen, helped design the Death Star and its planet-rupturing laser.
The film will explore the troubled backstory between Jyn and her father, including how the two were separated years before as Galen was forcibly recruited to serve the Empire.
Featured Image: bustle.com
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- NUS Study Shows Parents Who Has More Self-Control & Less Financial Stress Have Children Who are Stronger Mentally
- Wendy’s Cancelled Surge Pricing Plan; Here’s What It Is & Why It Could Really Happen
- Guide to How to Change from Your SimplyGo Cards to the Old EZ-Link Cards
- Everyone is Talking About CPF Special Account. Here’s What It Is.
- Lawrence Wong: No Further Need for GST Hike Up to 2030
- Singapore’s Total Fertility Rate Hits Record Low, Falling Below 1 for the First Time
- Why Hotel Rates in Johor is Set to Increase from 1 March 2024