Last Updated on 2017-09-01 , 6:45 pm
The only thing better than your usual hotpot is a piping hot Sze Chuan hotpot. Known as the spicy and numbing flavour added to hotpots, ma la huo guo is well loved by many and can be found all over Singapore.
But which of these yong-tau-foo-lookalike are the best? Here’s our take list you’re itching for it now.
1. Ri Ri Hong Mala Xiang Guo
People’s Park Food Centre has not one, but two of Ri Ri Hong’s stalls to cope with the fans of their delicious food. You can adjust the spiciness level according to your wants, and the herbs and spices top your meal of nicely. Vegetables go at $1, meat at $2 and seafood for $3.
2. The Kitchen’s Mala Hotpot
The Star Vista has plenty of food choices, but The Kitchen at #02-25/26 serves Mala Huo Guo that tastes better than almost any other. Bamboo shoots and kelp slices finish of Mala dishes just fine. The ingredients may cost a little more than expected, at $0.80 per 100g onwards, $2.80 for meat and $3.80 for seafood. But hey, 一份钱一分货, right?
3. Si Wei Mao Cai
Along 33 Mosque Street, you’ll find this place that serves sizzling hot hotpot. They certainly don’t go easy on their chili peppers and oil, and are as close to the traditional Sichuan cuisine as it gets. If you think you can take on the spiciest of Mala hotpots, you should try the extra spice they offer, and maybe challenge a friend while you’re at it too.
Remember to prepare a glass of ice water while you’re doing the challenge.
4. Cookhouse Mala Xiang Guo
JEM houses one of the best stir-fried hotpots, and you’ll find yourself coming back for more at the Cookhouse. Their maggi mee seems to garner more favour than the rice bowls they usually serve, so we recommend you give it a try. Watch out for the long queues though!
5. Guo Fu Steamboat
Not only will you get your hotpot fix, you’ll be indulging in healthier food too. China Square Central’s Guo Fu lets you choose from the wide array of ingredients, ensuring that each serving will be satisfying. What’s more they have free-flow Xiao Long Bao (O…M…G!!!) – you’ll never see a typical hotpot meal the same again.
6. The Magic Of ChongQing Hot Pot
In Tanglin Shopping Centre, you’ll find one of the Mala hotpot pioneers of Singapore at #04-06/07. For years they have pleased taste buds with their crimson Mala soup and variety of ingredients, so suffice to say, this is the go-to place if you want the original taste of Mala!
7. Jiu Mao Jiu Hotpot
You might have heard of their 4-tier Pagoda Steamboat, offering a classier way to eat Mala. Ingredients are charged by weight basis like many other places. Their Stir-fry with Garlic option is good if you want your steamboat to have that extra zing.
8. Nan Hwa Chong Fish Head Steamboat Corner
Settle down in a comfortable dining environment as you feast on their fish steamboat. Their white cabbages, mushrooms and fried yam go great with the Mala flavour.
9. Hai Di Lao Hot Pot
OKay, you can’t go wrong with this. If you’re looking for both a fulfilling meal and excellent service, Hai Di Lao has you covered. Free manicure service is available for the ladies as well, and the kids can tumble around in the entertainment area. Yes, they’re popular for their service, but the food deserves the praise as well. Different levels of spiciness and condiments give customers free rein of choice as well!
10. Tong Fu Ju Sichuan Restaurant
Charcoal grilled live fish and Mala? Count us in. In a classy setting with unique decorations, you won’t regret giving their spicy seafood a try. Sides like seaweed and different sauces will make your meal unforgettable!
What are you waiting for? Head down to get a taste of the amazing Mala Hotpots now!
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Limited Tickets: All-In Fares to Perth from S$407 with Your DBS/POSB Card!
- Don’t Say Bojio: Online IT Fair with Up to 64% Off!
- Everything About Perplexity AI, The ChatGPT-Like Search Engine That’s a Real Threat to Google
- 10 Facts About Drain Flies, The Small Flies That Are Always in Your Toilet & Bathroom
- Why People Are Making Friendship Bracelets Ahead of Taylor Swift’s Concert
- Everything About the South Korea Doctors’ Protest So Far
- What Chan Chun Sing Said About Having Israel-Hamas Conflict Contents in MOE CCE Materials
- 2024 Has a 29 Feb. Here’s What a Leap Year is & Why It’s Needed
- Everything About Swiftonomics, Whereby Taylor Swift’s Presence Can Impact Local Economics
- “Haunted” ChatGPT Spat Out Gibberish & Nonsensical Responses for Hours This Week
- 5 Facts About The Legality of Sky Lanterns in Singapore