We spend almost 80% of our time awake browsing through Facebook—be it on the train, in the toilet, queueing for the ATM or just lazing around at home. You’ll come across recent happenings around the world, funny nonsense and catch up with your friends’ lives. Of course, with all the good stuff comes the bad as well. One facet of Facebook you can’t escape are those showoff friends you have.
Not the super obvious ones, but those who does it subtly.
Here, take a look at a video we’ve done based on this topic:
(Since you’re here, subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more meaningful videos lah)
Here are 10 subtle ways people show off on Facebook and think they won’t be caught. Do you have any friends who do these?
1. “I just cleaned up my friend list. If you’re reading this, you’re my true friend!”
The now, thank me goes unspoken but generally expected. Now, where’s the unfriend button?
2. Check in to different countries
Foursquare used to be a very hot thing in the past. Now, almost nobody uses it anymore. The only reason why you’re still doing it is to show others how well-travelled you are.
3. #Throwback Travel Photos
I know you went to Europe for a three weeks vacation last year with your boyfriend for a romantic getaway. Now stop because you’ll be sick of seeing the same photos every week, regardless of whether you #throwback one week, #throwback one month or #throwback forever.
4. “My boyfriend doesn’t understand what I want. He got me a Gucci bag for my birthday! Got so many already!”
5. Mercedes profile picture with “Just got my car cleaned today!”
It’s not to show how clean his car is. It’s to show you his car. Full stop.
5. “SPH is so hard to work with. Want this, want that. Are they allowed to do that?”
He’s not really expecting you to take his complaints about SPH literally. He just wants you to know even SPH is interested in working with him.
6. “Haiz, still at work.” (at 9pm)
Erm, why you on Facebook, bro?
7. “Haiz, have to go overseas for work. Second time this year!”
Along with the status, he uploaded a business class ticket. Yup, seems like a chore.
8. Share a post on ’10 Things a Successful Man Must Do’ along with the status “I’ve already done 9 of them.”
Well done. Come, I clap for you.
9 “Aiya, I growing fatter!” #OOTD with sexy body
You know she just wants to show off her body. Getting fat is just an excuse.
10. Every profile picture shows him in a shirt, tie and blazer
He wants you to see how successful he is in his career right now. Like very. Although we all know real bosses dress in berms and T-shirts.
Join our Telegram channel and you won't miss out on the most popular articles: https://t.me/goodyfeedsg
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Another S’pore Influencer Allegedly Got into Shotgun Marriage
- PMD Rider Confronts Couple For Allegedly Staring At Him When He Rode PMD On Footpath
- S’pore Man Allegedly Lost Phone In Taxi & Had $4,000 Stolen From GrabPay
- 54YO Record Shop In Chinatown Complex Center Forced To Close Down By End Nov 2019
- Driver Who Took Video Of PM Lee’s Son Fined & Disqualified From Driving
- #FastFoodFriday: Subway Breaded Chicken Cutlet: It’s Still Subway