Of all the jobs in the world, being a hair stylist is possibly one of the toughest jobs. I mean, yeah, you may think that all they do is stay in a salon all day and face large amounts of customers with raging hair problems, but what you do not know is the amount of brain power and hours poured into perfecting each and every hairstyle and colour to keep the satisfactions of their customers.
If you think that being a hair stylist is easy, you will think again after reading this.
1. It takes a lot of brain power – like really a lot
It takes a lot of brain power to conceptualize the different hairstyles that people want. It also takes a lot of brain power to coax annoying-as-hell customers who think they know it all when it comes to the hairstyles that suit them best.
If you think you are so good, go cut your hair yourself lah.
2. They are often taken for granted
Because you only think of them whenever you need a haircut or when you got yourself into a bad dye job and needs someone to save you. #sadtruth
3. A pair of scissors is not just a pair of scissors
It’s a S$100 scissors that will make you look like the next Soong Jong Ki. It’s not those fake silver scissors you can get from Popular at S$1.50 ya.
4. They can maintain a conversation for hours
Want the best gossip? They are the ones to go to because well, they are always talking and interacting with their customers the WHOLE time they are at their job.
So if you want to know the best deals in town and which auntie got the freshest pork that day, you know who to look for.
5. The amount of greasy hair they touch a day
Is enough to cook a sunny side up.
6. They are doing a lot of harm to their bodies
Every time you dye your hair at the salon, you are exposing your hair stylist to all the harmful chemicals from the hair dyes.
If you think that you cannot tank the ammonia smell from the hair dye, imagine what they have to go through when they dye 4-5 heads per day.
7. They are always improving themselves
These days, you need certificates for everything, especially when you are running such a hands-on business.
Even when it comes to hair dying, there are different techniques to achieving the right hair colouring techniques – dip dyes, highlights – they might not be as easy as you think.
8. People think they can do magic
Many people think hair stylist are like wizards where you can walk in looking like Ru Hua and come out looking like Fann Wong. Nope, not going to happen.
9. Dying at a hair salon is not the same as DIY dying
Hair colouring is not as simple as you think. Yes, you can get a box of dye at S$10 at Watsons and DIY it, but the colour will not be as evenly coated – macam kio tio sai.
So yes, I rather you spend the additional money and get quality hair colour because well, you really pay for what you get.
10. They love hearing about your problems
Because they also need some form of entertainment once in a while. You know, just like how Grab drivers love to hear your stories, too.
Join our Telegram channel and you won't miss out on the most popular articles: https://t.me/goodyfeedsg
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Singapore Social: 8 Facts About This Netflix Show You Should Know About
- Everything About The ‘Chao Ni Ma’ Taxi Driver Who Was Fired By TransCab For Abusing Couple & Punching Car
- Newborn Baby In S’pore Suffocated After Co-sleeping With Parents For First Time
- M’sian Air Stewardess Allegedly Breaks Arms After Carrying Passenger’s Luggage
- 3 Friends Go Swimming But 19YO Drowns While Friends Look On & Take Videos
- MINDEF Says SAF Officers Fly Business Class To Exercises As ‘They’re Included At No Additional Cost’