Hurray, you’ve graduated from JC/Poly and now it’s on to university! Before you get too excited about how cool university life is going to be, we’re here to do some expectation management for you.
Expectation: You’ll decorate your hall room nicely and maintain it well
Reality: It’s just too much work and besides, the room is just too sh–ty to begin with.
Expectation: You’ll be best friends with everyone
Reality: There will always be that one person who never leaves his hall room, or that other person who always rejects all social activities.
Expectation: You’ll feel really intelligent because duh, you’re in u-n-i-v-e-r-s-i-t-y
Reality: Many a times you just nod along even though you have no idea what your professor or classmates are saying.
Expectation: You’ll form study groups with your friends and mug really hard
Reality: Most of the time you’ll end up surfing Facebook, Instagram or chatting on Whatsapp.
Expectation: You’ll get invited to many events and have intellectual conversations with your classmates
Reality: You get drunk and trashed at the pageant and orientation parties.
Expectation: You’ll mug at night after class
Reality: As soon as someone says “Ah lian beehoon” or “Cheese prata” for supper, you’re in. You need some fuel to mug right?
Expectation: Catch up on your low GPA score in later semesters
Reality: All the modules just get tougher and tougher each year–improving your GPA score seems almost impossible.
Expectation: You’ll be one of those who manage to look effortlessly chic for school
Reality: You’ll still look the same, except you’ll wear the 3S more often (singlets, shorts and slippers).
Expectation: You’ll join many school clubs and participate in many sports during your spare time
Reality: You’d rather sleep at home or hang out with your friends outside of school.
Expectation: You’ll feel like a real adult ready to take on the world after graduation.
Reality: You’ll never feel like a real adult ready to take on the world.
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Why S’pore Should Pay the Bills for All COVID-19 Patients, Including Foreigners or Even Martians
- G.E.M’s Music Video About Covid-19 Fighters is So Touching, It’s Been Viewed 1 Million Times in 2 Days
- More Info About Patient 31 in South Korea Emerges & People Are Now Calling Her ‘Crazy Ajumma’
- Guide to Cleaning Your Smartphone Correctly ‘Coz Authorities Said Must Keep Phone Clean
- 5 Facts About NCID Singapore (National Centre for Infectious Diseases), The Place Many People Haven’t Heard of Before COVID-19 Outbreak
- 2 Young Doctors From Hubei Died from COVID-19; Touching Interviews with Loved Ones Show Their Courage