I don’t know about you, but is it so hard to date these days?
How does one even find time on top of their commitments like work, friends, family, Netflix and memes?
Dating these days is replying text messages two days later and keep postponing the date until one of them kicks the bucket.
So I was less than surprised when I came across this headline—Millennials open to dating robots.
We are probably one the most progressive generations but isn’t this pushing the envelope a little too far?
Well, not for us, millennials!
French advertising and public relations company Havas conducted this intriguing study, sampling around 12,000 people of mixed ages worldwide.
The study revealed that around a quarter of individuals aged between 18 and 34 would give robots a chance and some believed that dating robots will be the norm in the future.
The study showed that 20% of men in the U.K. enjoyed the virtual world and social media compared to real-world interactions; not to mention that British men were found to be three times more willing to try it out with a robot than their female counterpart.
Let me introduce you Sophia, the first robot who has been granted Saudi Arabia citizenship.
Apart from looking like a total freak, she is more rights than the women in Saudi Arabia and she also hinted in an interview that she would like to start a family.
Imagine going home to her, all you will get is a soulless hug.
Given the surging rise of robots, artificial intelligence and sex dolls, a future where we co-exist with robots would be a reality.
Now, if they are smart enough to hold a conversation, I am pretty sure they would be able to say, “No”, if they are not interested in you.
Getting rejected by a robot? That would be a new low.
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- #FastFoodFriday: KFC Brown Sugar Boba Tea Tarts: The Pearls Are Just Jellies Shaped Like Boba
- Police NSF Jailed For Tricking Woman Into Exposing Bra During Video Call
- M’sian Influencer Who Called Women Who Wear Size M Clothes ‘Fat’ Apologises
- Miss S’pore International Charlotte Chia Says She Doesn’t Care That Netizens Insult Her Looks
- #ThirstyThursday: Playmade Wasabi Milk Tea Review: An Unholy Concoction Explained Only By Chaos
- Man Slams Dog On The Floor & Kicks It Because Of Its High Medical Bill