There is something beautiful about travelling alone in a foreign land all by yourself, it is like a coming of age film waiting to happen aka Eat, Pray, Love.
The scene where Julia Roberts obsessing over a slice of pizza is enough to make me want to go to Italy.
Singapore has seen a growing trend of solo travellers, and in 2017, the number of local women travelling alone doubled!
If you’re worried about safety, don’t be; places like New Zealand, Iceland and Norway are super safe.
If you need more convincing, here are 5 reasons why you should travel alone!
1) You get to do what you want
When you travel alone, you are your own boss. You get to do whatever you want whenever you want.
You don’t have to waste your time doing what your friends want to do and most importantly, you can wake up when you feel like it!
2) Meet new people
Just because you are travelling alone, doesn’t mean you have to be alone all the time.
The best way to really know a place is to mingle with the locals.
There quite a few social/dating apps where you get to meet the locals and they can divulge the best makan gems in the vicinity!
3) You won’t end up fighting with your loved ones
Speaking from experience, it can take an emotional toll when you travel with your family or friends, especially when you’re riddled with the dreadful jetlag.
When you’re travelling with your loved ones, you will inevitably start noticing their quirks when you are facing them 24/7.
Even the slightest thing gets magnified and you will be at each other throats by the end of the trip.
4) You won’t overspend
Everyone has different spending habits and budget when they are travelling.
It can be quite tricky, especially if your friend’s budget is vastly higher/lower than yours.
Personally, I like to spend my money on good food and experiences, so I find myself wasting time when I accompany my friends to shop.
As mentioned in the first point, you get to plan your own itinerary, if you travel alone.
5) You will learn things about yourself
I know it sounds corny af, but when you’re on your own, you will start learning things about yourself that you never knew.
You will become more resourceful and social, cause you’re out of your comfort zone.
If you’re one of those people who can’t be alone, the experience will be cathartic and you will learn to find solace within yourself.
Join our Telegram channel and you won't miss out on the most popular articles: https://t.me/goodyfeedsg
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Netizens Anyhowly Find $60K-a-Month Payslip of a Certain ‘Ramesh’ & Link It to The Condo Resident
- #ThirstyThursday: Ben & Jerry’s Pint Slices Review: The Best ThirstyThursday Ever?
- S’pore Celebrity Belinda Lee Married Amercian Whom She Wanted to Marry After Meeting Him Twice
- Dietician Advises Max Of 2 Cups Of Bubble Tea Per Month To Avoid Diabetes & Obesity
- Study: 50% Of Women Have A Back-Up Partner In Mind Just In Case Theirs Don’t Cut It
- Man Rents Hotel Room To Shower; Finds His GF Cheating With 50YO Uncle Next Door