If you’ve been to a Chinese wedding before, the songs that were played are usually the same.
According to Spotify, these are the most popular wedding songs in Singapore:
- All of Me – John Legend
- A Thousand Years – Christina Perri
- Make You Feel My Love – Adele
- Stuck On You – Meiko
- I’m Yours – Jason Mraz
- Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
- Lucky – Jason Mraz, Colbie Caillat
- You are the Best Thing – Ray LaMontagne
- Everything – Michael Bublé
- Marry Me – Train
But we beg to differ. Maybe we’ve been to mostly Chinese wedding, or maybe we’re just different.
Based on the people in our office, there are the most commonly played songs during a Chinese wedding:
Every single wedding I’ve been to, I’ve heard this song. And when I say every single wedding, I’m referring to both Singapore and Malaysia Chinese weddings. I don’t know about other countries, but this is the first song that comes to me.
All of Me
Okay, Spotify got this right. After all, it’s such a romantic song, so it’s both apt and romantic. Just don’t try to sing it—it’s damn difficult to hit da high pitch.
Canon in D
Be it a march-in song or a background music, this popular classic never fails to tell me that I’m in a wedding dinner, and also reminds me of My Sassy Girl.
How can there be no Chinese songs in a Chinese wedding? The aunties and uncles will complain! Just an advice: don’t try to sing it. Wang Leehom can hit that pitch because he’s Wang Leehom.
Cute, funny and catchy. It’s a duet somemore. What more can you ask for? I’ve come across a couple singing the song and everyone else singing along with them, even the aunties and uncles.
(Article continues below) Do you know that during the Hungry Ghost Month, you shouldn’t lean on the wall or talk to yourself? Here’s a video on the list of taboos you probably didn’t know about: if you don’t want any unwanted visitors today, you’d better watch it!
(Since you’re here, subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more informative videos lah)
A song that is not just catchy, it also comprises lyrics that just makes so much sense. After all, it’s the most important decision a woman makes in her life, right?
- Asia Will Need 240,000 Pilots and 317,000 Cabin Crew In The Next 20 Years
- Apple Revealing New iPhone in 11 Days & It’s Allegedly All About The Bling-Bling
- Don’t Say Bojio: $5 Nett P/Hr KTV With Free-flow Drinks & Tidbits in Tampines
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
Join our Telegram channel and you won't miss out on the most popular articles: https://t.me/goodyfeedsg
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Another S’pore Influencer Allegedly Got into Shotgun Marriage
- PMD Rider Confronts Couple For Allegedly Staring At Him When He Rode PMD On Footpath
- S’pore Man Allegedly Lost Phone In Taxi & Had $4,000 Stolen From GrabPay
- 54YO Record Shop In Chinatown Complex Center Forced To Close Down By End Nov 2019
- Driver Who Took Video Of PM Lee’s Son Fined & Disqualified From Driving
- #FastFoodFriday: Subway Breaded Chicken Cutlet: It’s Still Subway