If you are reading this and live in the northeast areas of Singapore, you should be happy because a health hub is soon coming near you!
The Sengkang General and Community Hospitals will open in the second half of 2018, and is a collaboration with the National Heart Centre and Singapore National Eye Centre.
Now, residents will not have to travel far to receive specialised care! Here’s what you need to know about the Sengkang Hospitals launching next year!
1. The hospitals are extremely accessible from the MRT stations
They will be located next to Cheng Lim LRT station and diagonally across from Sengkang MRT station.
2. This is in collaboration with the National Heart Centre and Singapore National Eye Centre
In collaboration with the National Heart Centre and Singapore National Eye Centre that’s located at Outram Park, the hospitals will provide specialised services for eye and heart conditions such as cataracts and heart disease.
This is so that residents will no longer have to travel all the way to Outram Park to obtain these services – especially for patients who require frequent visits!
3. They will get the same specialised services
Patients will be able to get the same level of specialised care they would expect in the national centres because they are run by the same people. Best part? It’s now closer to home!
4. The hospital will also have a wide spectrum of specialty clinics for other health conditions
And this will include neurology, psychiatry and urology!
5. More beds will also be added to the hospital
The hospital will hold around 1,400 beds to meet the healthcare needs of the people and the ageing population in Singapore.
6. Patients can also now do rehabilitation exercises from their homes
The hospital also aims to make use of tele-rehabilitation services where patients who have been discharged can continue to do their rehabilitation exercises in the comfort of their own homes, with the support of a therapist from the hospital.
They will be given radio-frequency identification (RFID) wrist tags so that doctors and nurses can monitor their location in real time and make sure they are safe. The power of technology!
7. Gardens will be built throughout the hospital so that patients can always get access to fresh air
From the artist’s impression of the hospital, there will be a wellness garden on the podium rooftop as well as localised pocket gardens at other levels to make sure that the patients always have access to clean and fresh air.
The northeast is indeed becoming more vibrant!
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
Featured Image: straitstimes.com
- 5 “best” places’ names in Singapore’s history other than 1 Seng Kang mall that pissed Singaporeans off
- Remember the hype surrounding 1 Sengkang Mall? It’s making headlines again because….
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!Latest & Popular Articles You Must Not Miss:
Our Most Popular Videos You Must Not Miss: