We all have seen reports of the Mercedes driver who caused an accident on the AYE, but nothing much has been said about the driver except for the fact that he might have been depressed when the accident happened. The driver was also together with his son, who allegedly done nothing to stop the accident from happening.
This accident saw the Mercedes driver hitting another car head-on and a motorbike after that, causing one death and four injuries. For a more detailed account of the accident, you can also refer to this article here.
That aside, here’re 8 facts about the Mercedes driver that you might not have known.
1. He is a businessman
The 53-year-old driver owns a printing business, operating from a unit at Kallang Bahru Industrial Estate since 1993.
2. He was not alone
The Mercedes driver was driving with his son when the accident happened.
3. He was speeding in the opposite direction
The driver made a 3-point turn on the expressway and started speeding in the opposite direction. And such turns would usually take 2-3 seconds to happen, which also begs the question of why the son did not try to stop him.
Why Bird Paradise Suddenly Became Singapore’s Yishun:
4. He was moving at a speed of 120 kmh
And it took around 20 to 30 seconds before the accident happened.
5. He seemed distraught after the accident
The Mercedes driver still appeared to be angry after the accident and was seen mumbling and talking to himself. He even shouted at his son who was trying to calm him down.
The Mercedes driver will be brought to the Institute of Mental Health (IMH) for a psychiatric assessment after his discharge from the hospital.
7. He will be facing jail time
If found guilty, he will be facing a maximum jail time of 5 years.
8. He had plenty of time to stop
According to The Straits Times, there was a lead time of 20 to 30 seconds before the accident happened. This also meant that there was still time to prevent the accident from happening.
This article was first published on Goodyfeed.com
- 10 Facts About The Horrific AYE Accident That Occurred Yesterday
- Driver Got into a Serious Accident; Proceeded to Park Car & Walk Away #LikeABoss
- Confirmed: Senior Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam Running for President
- S’pore Food Blogger Alleges Fake Mao Shan Wang Durians Being Sold at Markets; Offers Tips on How to Spot Fakes
- Grab Driver Caught Picking Up Passengers Like a Taxi & Claimed She Was “Helping” Them
- There Might be Water Coolers in Orchard Road Soon But It Might Not Be Free
- M’sian Girl Who Went Missing in Myanmar Suddenly Posted Video Saying She’s “Very Safe”