Since young, I’ve always found books to be my escape route.
Whenever things get a little too out of hand, I dive back into my books to seek solace.
There was hardly a time where you wouldn’t see my nose stuck in a book. And so to everyone who loves books the way I do, here are 8 things you can definitely relate to.
1. Spending time with your books is the best way to end your day
After a long day at work, nothing beats curling up in bed with your favourite novel.
It allows you for just that one moment, to forget about all the deadlines that you have to meet; all the meetings you’d have to attend the next day.
2. During work, you can’t help but to constantly think of the book you were reading
And while you’re in that said meeting, all you can think of is whether that girl in the book lived or died.
You find yourself weighing the options and before you know it, the meeting ended and you haven’t heard one bit of what your boss said.
3. Trying to protect your hard copies with your life
In your head, you have this perfect scene where you’re peacefully reading your book on the train, with your earpiece fitted snugly in your ears.
But in reality, people are pushing you and you’re standing there all cramped up with your book in hand. Plus it really doesn’t help when the train keeps jerking every few seconds.
4. It’s always one more chapter
Just one more, you say. Even though it’s 3am in the morning and you have to be up for work at 8am. How long can one chapter take right?
5. Falling in love with the characters
In your head, you’ve already associated yourself with one of the characters in the book – you have self proclaimed the role of the girl who’ve captured the heart of the bad boy. Cliché yes, but you still love it.
6. When someone disturbs you just as you’re getting to the best part
Can’t a girl just get some peace while reading? Is that really so hard to ask for?!
7. Trying your best not to gravitate towards every bookstore that you pass
It takes every ounce of energy in you not to head into a bookstore and grab some books. And frankly, you secretly love it when your friends are taking a whale of time browsing at the store next door – more time with your books!
8. And whenever you start on a series that has yet to be completed, it kills you knowing you’ll have to wait months before the next book gets published
Let’s face it, by the time the next book is out, you’d probably have forgotten what the first book was even about.
Featured Image: straitstimes.com
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Popular Old Lai Huat Seafood Restaurant In Farrer Park Closes Down After Operating for 60 Years
- 70YO Who’s Living in S’pore But is Stateless Just Eats One Meal a Day
- SFA Looking Into Viral Video of a Twitching Rat on a Tray of Food at Tangs Market
- Still Have Unused CDC Vouchers? You Can Soon Donate Them to Charities
- Rental Scams Have Resurfaced, With Scammers Proactively Messaging Tenants
- Koufu Issues Warning to SGH Vegetarian Food Stall Owner After Viral Incident
- S’pore Job Fair in JB Saw 2,500 M’sians Applying for 300 Job Openings in S’pore