Last Updated on 2022-10-01 , 12:29 pm
If you grew up being hit by your parents, this may be good news for you.
But if you were never hit and feel lost in life, this article might explain to you why. Well, sort of.
Before you go find a cane to hit your kids for no reason, read on because it’s not just aimlessly punishing your kids.
Study About Growing Up with Canes
In a report by Fox News, a study has found that children who were spanked while growing up were “happier” and “more successful” than those who weren’t.
The research shows that children tend to perform better in school if they were spanked till they’re six years old.
They are also more likely to volunteer and have the desire to attend university, as compared to those that were not disciplined physically.
But hold your horses, because there’s a limit to discipline.
If children were spanked till their teenage years, they showed obvious “behavioral problems”.
Times of London said that there were efforts to ban parental physical punishment.
The action was claimed to cause harm to children in the long run. Banning it would indicate zero-tolerance towards violence.
On the other hand, Marjorie Gunnoe, a professor of psychology, claimed that a study that she has done shows a lack of evidence to take away the freedom parents have to discipline their own children in their own ways.
“The claims made for not spanking children fail to hold up. They are not consistent with the data,” said Gunnoe. “I think of spanking as a dangerous tool, but there are times when there is a job big enough for a dangerous tool. You just don’t use it for all your jobs.”
Research efforts to look into effects of physical punishment failed to carry out as it was difficult to find enough children who had never been spanked.
Of course, these are just studies that shouldn’t be etched in stone but more for reference.
However, come to think of it, with so many strawberries nowadays who would run back to their parents whenever a problem surfaces, you’ve got to wonder: could this be the reason why kids nowadays are…weaker?
Featured Image: Treetree2016 / Shutterstock.com
- Now That The Budget 2024 Statement is Out, Here’s What to Expect in the Next Few Weeks
- S’pore Address Rumours That We Pay Millions So Taylor Swift Won’t Perform in Other Southeast Asia Countries for Her Tour
- Chinese Actress Came Back from Vacation to Her House Burglarised With All Valuables Gone
- Everything About the Changes in CPF That Were Mentioned During Budget 2024
- Aide Dismisses Claims That M’sia Ex-PM Mahathir is in Critical Condition
- You Can’t Take Chickens from The Road to Cook It; NParks Now Investigating Man Who Caught Wild Chicken at Pasir Ris
- ECDA Completed Assessment of Kinderland Saga; Licence Tenures Limit in 2 Centres to Continue