Last Updated on 2023-06-12 , 8:05 am
Not all stars start at the top.
One of the four Heavenly Kings of Canto-pop actually started as an air-con technician and only earned $311 a month.
In an episode of TVB’s 55th Anniversary Footprint, a few pictures of Aaron Kwok’s application to TVB were shared.
TVB’s 55th Anniversary Footprint showcases milestones and the past of people who made it big in the industry.
Their most recent episode featured the beginnings of the Four Heavenly Kings of Hong Kong pop music—Andy Lau, Aaron Kwok, Leon Lai and Jacky Cheung.
But we’re just gonna focus on Aaron Kwok for today.
He had initially applied to be a dancer in 1984 and as part of the application form, he had to indicate his previous job which turned out to be an air-con mechanic.
From a mechanic to a famed star. Which devil do I sell my soul to?
But that doesn’t mean he shot to fame right after joining TVB.
For half a decade, Kwok’s salary did not increase at all.
But in 1990, his song, “Love You Endlessly” became one of the biggest hits in the early 90s.
Yes, we’re talking about this:
From then on, he slowly worked his way and earned himself the title of one of the four Heavenly Kings of Canto-pop.
On 25 September 2022, Kwok shared how grateful he was for his career on his Instagram.
View this post on Instagram
“Loving You Endlessly” was released 32 years ago and he’s thankful for all the fans who have supported him since.
“I promise everyone, today and in the future, my heart will never change. I will continue to do my best on every stage.”
Aaron Kwok is now 56 years old and is currently married to Chinese model Moka Fang with two adorable daughters.
- Now That The Budget 2024 Statement is Out, Here’s What to Expect in the Next Few Weeks
- S’pore Address Rumours That We Pay Millions So Taylor Swift Won’t Perform in Other Southeast Asia Countries for Her Tour
- Chinese Actress Came Back from Vacation to Her House Burglarised With All Valuables Gone
- Everything About the Changes in CPF That Were Mentioned During Budget 2024
- Aide Dismisses Claims That M’sia Ex-PM Mahathir is in Critical Condition
- You Can’t Take Chickens from The Road to Cook It; NParks Now Investigating Man Who Caught Wild Chicken at Pasir Ris
- ECDA Completed Assessment of Kinderland Saga; Licence Tenures Limit in 2 Centres to Continue