By now, you should be confused over all the border restrictions that have been imposed in Singapore. If you’ve lost track of the measures and are wondering if your family members can come over to Singapore from a specific region, head over to the SafeTravel website for the latest updates.
This afternoon (31 July), a new set of border measures is announced, which will take place from 2 August 2021, 11:59pm.
Here’s what you need to know.
Travellers from Australia to Serve 14-day SHN at Dedicated SHN Facilities
As there has been a recent increase in cases reported by Australia, all travellers entering Singapore from 2 August 2021, 2359 hours, with travel history in the past 21 days to Australia will be subjected to a 14-day Stay-Home Notice (SHN) at dedicated SHN facilities.
The country has a new wave of infections since late June, and they now have over 200 cases daily.
However, travellers will be allowed to apply to opt out of dedicated SHN facilities before arrival and serve their 14-day SHN at their place of residence, if they fulfil the following criteria:
- a) Travelled to no other country/region other than Australia2, in the last consecutive 21 days immediately prior to entry into Singapore; and
- b) Are occupying their place of residence (i.e. residential address) alone, or only with household members who are also persons serving SHN with the same travel history and duration of SHN.
In addition, travellers will be required to present a valid negative COVID-19 polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test taken within 72 hours before departure for Singapore.
Why the Ridout Road Colonial Houses Saga is Actually NOT a Saga:
Travellers who arrive in Singapore without a valid negative test may be denied entry into Singapore. Permanent Residents (PRs) and long-term pass holders who fail to comply with the new requirement may have their permit or pass cancelled.
Beyond the 14-day SHN, travellers will be subjected to the following tests:
- a) On-arrival PCR test and PCR test on Day 14 of arrival; and
- b) Self-administered ART test on Day 3, 7 and 11 of arrival
To know the differences between PCR test and ART test, watch this video to the end:
Travellers from Jiangsu Province, Mainland China to Serve a 7-Day SHN at Place of Residence
Lest you’re not aware, China has managed to keep COVID-19 infections under control, but an outbreak has occurred in Jiangsu Province in the last few days, with the province reporting a 7-day average of 26 cases a day.
The cases are reportedly linked to a flight from Russia.
In view of this, MOH announced that Singapore Citizens (SCs), Permanent Residents (PRs) and Long-Term Pass holders entering Singapore with travel history to Jiangsu province, Mainland China within the last 21 days before departure for Singapore, will be subject to an on-arrival COVID-19 PCR test, a 7-day SHN at their place of residence and a COVID-19 test before the end of the SHN period.
Previously, travellers from Mainland China will be allowed to go about their activities in Singapore, without a need to serve SHN, if their on-arrival COVID-19 PCR test results are negative.
Now, short-term travellers holding an Air Travel Pass (ATP) with travel history to Jiangsu province, Mainland China within the last 21 days before departure for Singapore, will not be allowed to enter Singapore.
All other travellers departing from Mainland China who have been in Mainland China (excluding Jiangsu province) in the last 21 days prior to travel will continue to be subject to a COVID-19 test upon arrival at the airport in lieu of their SHN.
- CDC Internal Report Says That COVID-19 Delta Variant is As Contagious as Chickenpox
- Experts Predict More Severe COVID-19 Cases as Numbers to Triple in 2 Weeks
Featured Image: Sing Studio / Shutterstock.com
- 5 Out of 7 Cubicles “Out of Order” at Female Toilet in Newly-Opened Napier MRT Station
- Yishun Elderly Sweeps Stagnant Water to Neighbour’s Front Door After Every Corridor Wash
- Grab Driver Asks Woman Not to Take Grab if She Cannot Afford to Pay ERP During Heated Argument
- S’pore Couple Allegedly Banned From Entering M’sia After Asking About Officer’s Passport Chopping
- Hundreds of Termites Found Hiding Below Raised Wood Floor in Innocent-Looking HDB Flat
- Never clean your air fryer again with this simple hack
- You can have freshly brewed bubble tea at 3am for cheap with this instant bubble tea
- Introducing the Future of Fast Food: Self-Heating Fries + Sauce from Shopee