Back in the day, if you were on a budget but looking for a chilly and comfortable place to consume your economy rice, you would head to the nearest food court.
These days, with most people working from home, it seems like heading to the food court was a thing of the past. In fact, for a certain food court, it is now considered part of history for it has shut its doors forever.
Iconic Bugis Junction Food Court at Level 3 Has Closed Down Permanently
Food Junction, a food court at Bugis Junction, has officially ceased operations as of 3 Dec.
The closure was announced by the Food Junction Facebook page where they also thank their valued customers for the kind support and patronage.
If you still want to be a patron at Food Junction but your workplace is located at Bugis, you would have to take the train or bus down to Raffles City to do so.
On the other hand, you are just looking for a food court in the Bugis area, you can head to Bras Basah Complex or Raffles Hospital (the food court for the hospital has a different entrance, so you won’t need to check in to the hospital).
Just remember to return your trays after you dine in or you might be handed a fine.
Food Junction Bugis Junction
Located on the third level of Bugis Junction, Food Junction was a food court that sold a variety of affordable hawker food.
If you sit at the sides, you would be able to enjoy your meal overlooking the shopping district. For S$5 you can get a comfortable seat with a view, it’s a steal.
If you’ve been to the food court in recent months, you will notice that there were more stall keepers than patrons at certain points during lunch – supposedly the busiest time of the day. That was when you know things are not going well for them.
Food Junction has been running since 1995, which means it lasted 26 years.
- Teacher Who Allegedly Sought for Sugar Daddy Resigned; MOE Said They’re Investigating
- Everything About One Punggol, an Integrated Community Hub With a Hawker Centre, Library & More Facilities
- WHO Scientist Tells People Not to Panic Over Omicron Though It Can Become the Dominant Variant
Featured Image: Facebook (Singapore Atrium Sale & Food Junction)
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- In 2024, HDB Households Might Finally be Able to Keep Up to 2 Cats Per Flat
- Massive Discounts at Four Star’s Year-End Sale: Everything at 50% Off & More from 6 Dec to 10 Dec
- Everything About the Smith Street Revamp, Whereby a Tenant Will Take Over Many Shops
- DBS Said Short Outage on 1 Dec Was Due to Many People Logging in to Check Their Balance
- Man Without Licence Drove GetGo Car at 123kmh By Using His Friend’s Account
- A Doctor Claims Blow-Drying Might Have Indirectly Caused Queenzy Cheng’s Death