Imagine this scenario.
You are seated in a quiet place, minding your own business and just surfing the Internet with your trusty Google Chrome browser.
Then weird music starts playing from one out of the hundred tabs you have opened.
Everyone turns to glare at you, and soon you get tsk-ed from people all around.
You click furiously on the tabs opened and scrolling each of them like a mad man trying to stop the noise but you JUST CAN’T find which tab is the culprit.
Thankfully, Google Chrome has finally come up with a solution to this problem to save all of us from any future embarrassment.
Of course we had to try it ourselves before sharing it with you – and damn, this is amazing!
You can now get a play, pause, fast-forward and rewind button on your Google Chrome toolbar!
This also means you can control what you’re playing via YouTube’s web browser using your device’s shortcuts, and without clicking into the tab.
Here’s how to go about getting it for yourself:
- Ensure your Google Chrome is updated to Chrome 77
- Open a new tab and enter “chrome://flags” where you usually key in website addresses
- Look for “Search flags”
- Key in “Global Media Controls” and press enter
- On the right, you’ll see a dropdown box. Select Enabled
- Save everything on your browser that needs to be saved
- Tap on the “Relaunch Now” button to restart your browser
- You’ll now see the controls in your toolbar!
- End of public humiliation and being a subject to tsks and eye rolls
This new feature is still in its experimental stage, so do expect that it may change when it is officially released! In the meantime, try it out and see how it goes!
Here’s another tip if you think the few steps above are a hassle (y u so lazy tho): Just know where is your device’s mute button so that you can silence EVERYTHING in one click.
And yes, you’re welcome.
- NUS Study Shows Parents Who Has More Self-Control & Less Financial Stress Have Children Who are Stronger Mentally
- Wendy’s Cancelled Surge Pricing Plan; Here’s What It Is & Why It Could Really Happen
- Guide to How to Change from Your SimplyGo Cards to the Old EZ-Link Cards
- Everyone is Talking About CPF Special Account. Here’s What It Is.
- Lawrence Wong: No Further Need for GST Hike Up to 2030
- Singapore’s Total Fertility Rate Hits Record Low, Falling Below 1 for the First Time
- Why Hotel Rates in Johor is Set to Increase from 1 March 2024