Last year on 31 Dec, a miraculous thing happened: COVID-19 stopped existing for a few hours before midnight, allowing people to gather and party their night away.
Of course, I’m just kidding, but hundreds of party-goers at Clarke Quay did live in a different universe and party their night away.
Hundreds of People Carried Out NYE Countdown Party at Clarke Quay Like There’s No COVID-19
Hundreds of people were spotted gathering in front of Riverside Point near Read Bridge, in front of JUMBO seafood restaurant, while shouting to welcome the new year. Many of these people were not wearing a mask as well.
@shihanahnafshoebPov: you are too old to celebrate New Years at Clarke Quay♬ original sound – Shihan SA
The impromptu outdoor party was captured by various TikTokers: some were bystanders of the party while others were caught in the middle of the party while finding their friends.
@rotiprata0 I have never prayed to god harder that my mask works….and dont worry we smacked my friend in the head #sgtiktok #singapore #sg ♬ original sound – 𝖰𝖴𝖤𝖤𝖭
Partying in the Rain
If COVID-19 could not stop these people from partying, what makes you think a little natural weather phenomenon can?
In a video on Instagram, a bunch of people with their masks down were jumping in the rain, chanting a holy chant that can make COVID-19 disappear temporarily: Spongebob Squarepants theme song.
Led by a guy standing at an elevated ledge, the crowd chanted “Spongebob Squarepants” enthusiastically as he recited Captain Bart’s parts.
View this post on Instagram
New Year Countdown
In another TikTok video with the caption, “Pls don let this go viral,” it once again showed the crowd in front of JUMBO seafood restaurant counting down to the end of 2021.
In the video, the crowd could be seen jumping and cheering for year’s end and maybe a new cluster.
As the new year starts, a man could be seen spraying a bottle of champagne on the crowd below him while others kept hopping around.
Although most people seemed to be wearing their masks, there was still a few handfuls who don’t believe in masks or were not wearing them properly.
@imnosimpppls don let this go viral😖👈♬ original sound – Ali Campbell🏴
@v.alerieteo the amount of people there 🤌🏻 #tiktoksg #clarkequay #nightlife #newyear2022 ♬ original sound – val <3
- 10 Facts About Betty White, The Beloved US Comedian Who Just Passed Away at Age 99
- Wang Leehom’s Clothing Label Caught Lying Red-Handed During a Livestream
- Addy Lee Said Mdada’s Livestreams in Europe Have Suffered Losses Instead
Featured Image: TikTok (imnosimpp)
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Here’s What Happened in Cordlife Group, Whereby Stored Cord Blood Units in S’pore Are Damaged
- Popular Owner of Guan Kee Char Kway Teow is Retiring Due to a Health Scare
- ComfortdelGro’s New Lexus Taxis Do Not Have Taxi Signs Atop Its Roof
- Actress Julie Tan Doesn’t Hesitate & Shaves Head For a Local Movie
- Nobel Peace Prize Winner & Former US Secretary of State, Dr Henry Kissinger, Dies at 100 Years Old
- Another Coffee Chain Closing Down in Singapore: Spinelli Reportedly Closing All Outlets By This Year
- 37YO M’sian Singer-Actress Queenzy Cheng Dies After Having Breakfast Before Filming
- 8 Facts About Long Island, a Potential Reclaimed Land at East Coast