Imagine you’ve just come home after a long day, and when you turn on the TV, you see this:
(P.S. We inserted the “wrong table” thingy lest someone merely Google the image without reading this article and think it’s real)
Can’t see what’s wrong? Well, you can see “1” in Singapore in the number of death.
Just like the misconception we have that newscaster never takes a dump, it should now be known that there’s another misconception: news on live TV can make mistake, too.
Because that’s an error.
Reader Bao: What’s this? Another doctored image?
No. It’s an honest mistake.
CNA: We’re Sorry
Immediately after that, people started to notify CNA about it, and the mainstream media took action swiftly and apologised everywhere while clarifying that there’s no death in Singapore.
Of course, they had to notify people on TV…
…and they went all out to inform everyone about that mistake, from Twitter…
— CNA (@ChannelNewsAsia) February 13, 2020
…to their app…
…and even on Telegram
Kudos to them to admitting their mistakes fast and even notifying people on other platforms about the erroneous table.
So essentially, they “POFMA-ed” themselves seh.
But what happened? Were the people who did the table drunk?
Maybe, because instead of putting “1” under the Hong Kong column, that person added it in the Singapore column instead.
They’ve also shown the correct graphic on air twice, and “sincerely apologised for the error”.
For the latest COVID-19 updates, you might want to bookmark MOH’s website here.
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Leaked Audio Recording of Chan Chun Sing is a ‘Betrayal of Trust’, Says The President of the Meeting
- G.E.M’s Music Video About Covid-19 Fighters is So Touching, It’s Been Viewed 1 Million Times in 2 Days
- People Are Making Police Reports About Online Store Selling Surgical Masks That Advertised on FB
- Guide to Cleaning Your Smartphone Correctly ‘Coz Authorities Said Must Keep Phone Clean
- COVID-19 S’porean Patient Describes His Experience; Says a Nurse Has a Pregnant Wife Waiting for Him at Home
- South Korea Now Has Nearly As Many COVID-19 Cases as S’pore Due to a Church Cluster, Too