Last Updated on 2020-11-30 , 5:40 pm
Whenever someone mentions crying, it immediately conjures up images of females bawling their eyes out.
A lot of people have the misconception that crying is a sign of weakness or being overly emotional, and that’s why many men try their damnest to hold back tears even when faced with highly emotional situations.
But did you know that it is okay for men to cry and that the act of crying is good for you? Sure, most of us usually drop tears when we are sad but there are cries of happiness and joy too isn’t there?
But that’s not what this article is about. This article is about the goodness of letting loose the waterfall of emotions and how it will release all that pent up frustrations and angst in your heart.
Crying is Goody for You
According to a test done by Jonathan Rottenberg and Lauren M. Bylsma, two psychologists working at the University of South Florida, in collaboration with Ad JJM Vingerhoets of Tilburg University, it was noted that most people reported feeling better after crying in natural settings.
It associated the drop in stress level to crying. The study observed that once crying stops, the body shifts from a state of high anxiety to a more relaxed state. This relaxed state tends to lead to slower breathing and heart rate, which is probably the reason why most of us fall sound asleep after a crying fit.
Crying is seen as a form of letting go. Sometimes, some of us repress our tears because we want to deem as strong and infallible. But holding back may cause more internal harm than we think.
So the next time you feel the need to cry, do the Frozen and just let it go. There’s really no need for you to hold back and if this makes things any easier, real men do cry.
And if that isn’t enough to convince you, I’ve got just the song for you.
Featured Image: CHAjAMP / Shutterstock.com
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- It Turns Out That Google’s Impressive Gemini AI Video Demo is “Fake”
- 69YO Man Dies After His PMA Collided With a Motorcycle in Jurong West
- Man Who’s Caught Force-Opening MRT Doors Charged; Had Also Kicked Someone Before
- Serangoon Coffeeshop Reportedly Going to be Sold for a Whopping $40.5 Million
- Tabby Cat Went Viral After “Finishing First” in China Half Marathon
- Sa Sa is Back in Singapore, With Its First Store in Jurong Point & More to Come
- New Facebook Scam Alert: Cheap “Suitcases from SIA” Are Fake