As a 21st century teen, there certainly had been times when I got so frustrated ‘cos my parents didn’t understand the word ‘trend’.
Honestly, are they even my parents if they don’t ask about my hair and shirt and pants and shoe and bag and phone cover before I even step out of the house?
In Japan, a girl didn’t know whether to laugh or cry when she saw what her grandmother has done to her ripped jeans, according to Nextshark.
FYI at all parents out here: ripped jeans are intentional, no we did not get cheated of our money, and no they are not ugly.
It is called fashion.
Anyways, Japanese Twitter user Tomomi is among the many who caught up with the trend and owns a pair of ripped jeans.
Here's Why We Might Not Need to Vote in Presidential Election 2023 After Tharman’s Announcement:
However, Tomomi’s grandmother Shizu mistook her ripped jeans to be you know, ripped, but unintentionally.By patching a fabric underneath the hole, the grandmother managed to ‘mend’ Tomomi’s ripped jeans.
— tomomi (@tymumt_082124) December 10, 2017
Although I’m not a huge fan of Google Translate, you can get a rough idea here:
When I return from my byte To grandma Damaged Jeans sewn I can not stop laughing (lol)
Poor Tomomi! She lost a good pair of ripped jeans, but at the same time, she must have felt loved.
What were you do if you were her?
- Confirmed: Senior Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam Running for President
- S’pore Food Blogger Alleges Fake Mao Shan Wang Durians Being Sold at Markets; Offers Tips on How to Spot Fakes
- Grab Driver Caught Picking Up Passengers Like a Taxi & Claimed She Was “Helping” Them
- There Might be Water Coolers in Orchard Road Soon But It Might Not Be Free
- M’sian Girl Who Went Missing in Myanmar Suddenly Posted Video Saying She’s “Very Safe”