When it comes to good deals in Singapore, there are a few keywords that’ll make Singaporeans turn their head faster than Usain Bolt.
One for one.
Or one-for-one + eat-all-you-can.
If you agree, we’ve got something amazing just for you.
Craving hotpot? Or do you just have an appetite for a good deal?
First things first, what is shabu shabu?
If you’ve gotten this far in the article/life without finding out what shabu shabu is, here’s a crash course: shabu shabu is a Japanese dish involving cooking pieces of thinly sliced meat with vegetables in boiling water.
Because of the thinness of each slice, the meat cooks quickly and is ready to eat after just a lightly swishing around in the boiling broth.
This method of cooking the meat gave rise to the name “shabu shabu”, which is the Japanese onomatopoeia for “swish swish”.
The cooked meat is often dipped into a selection of sauces for flavour since it is cooked in a relatively simpler broth.
Two main varieties of dipping sauces usually offered are ponzu, a citrusy soy sauce, and goma-tare, a type of sesame sauce.
Here’s Suki-Ya’s version of shabu shabu
And now, the deal
Head on down to Plaza Singapura for this limited time promotion:
From now until 10 Mar 2019, Suki-Ya at Plaza Singapura is giving a one-for-one promotion for their dinner buffet sessions.
Here are the timings for the promo:
- Monday – Thursday 6pm-10pm
- Friday – Sunday 4pm-10pm
Typically, a buffet dinner at Suki-Ya costs $24.90++ per person on (with an additional $3 for Fri – Sun).
Which means, with the promo, you are looking at around $12.45++ per person from Monday to Thursday, and $13.95++ on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Terms and Conditions Apply:
Of course, don’t forget to add the cost of one drink per diner (which is mandatory for this promotion).
This offer is only available for walk-in customers, so expect to queue at Suki-Ya Plaza Singapura!
Before you bring a whole party over, this promotion is limited to 2 redemptions per table/bill, and splitting of bills is not allowed.
And finally, as is often the case, this deal is not valid with any other promotions, discounts, vouchers or any card privileges.
What if you can’t make it?
Though not as sweet a deal as this, there are other promotions that will continue some after 10 March 2019 (not valid on Fridays, public holidays and their respective eves).
Calling all Maybank cardholders:
- From 2nd January till 31st March, enjoy 40% off the 4th diner when you pay with a Maybank card
- Offer is valid for lunch, 11.30 am – 3 pm (80 mins) at I12 Katong, Marina Square and Suki-Ya Kin VivoCity (not valid at Plaza Singapura and Bugis+). Last order at 2.15pm.
For a finer experience…
- 50% off 2nd Diner Premium buffet (from the Suki-Ya KIN KIN Buffet menu selection) at Suki-Ya KIN VivoCity
- Valid from Mondays – Thursdays, all day. Last order for lunch and dinner at 2.30pm and 9.30pm respectively.
- Original prices the Suki-Ya KIN KIN Buffet for lunch and dinner are $34.90++ and $39.90++ respectively
And for the poor student…
- $13.90++ for lunch
- Valid from Monday to Thursday 11.30am-3pm, with additional $3 charge on Friday
For more details, check out their website here.
See you there!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- #FastFoodFriday: KFC Brown Sugar Boba Tea Tarts: The Pearls Are Just Jellies Shaped Like Boba
- Police NSF Jailed For Tricking Woman Into Exposing Bra During Video Call
- M’sian Influencer Who Called Women Who Wear Size M Clothes ‘Fat’ Apologises
- Miss S’pore International Charlotte Chia Says She Doesn’t Care That Netizens Insult Her Looks
- #ThirstyThursday: Playmade Wasabi Milk Tea Review: An Unholy Concoction Explained Only By Chaos
- Man Slams Dog On The Floor & Kicks It Because Of Its High Medical Bill