Me: Mother, Father, I think it’s time we had a meal together. It’s been too long.
Mum: *turns to Dad* Did he hit his head or something? And why is he calling us Mother and Father?
Me: Guys, listen, I just think that life is fleeting and that we shouldn’t take each other for granted. I appreciate all the time and effort you put into raising me and I want to spend some quality time with you in return. I want us to bond.
Dad: *turns to Mum* OK, I think we need to bring him to the hospital. You get the car and I’ll get the-
Me: IS IT SO WRONG TO WANT TO HAVE A MEAL WITH MY PARENTS?
Mum: Of course it’s not, it’s just… you mean you really want to spend time with us?
Me: Yes I do!
Dad: *starts tearing up* Alright, let’s do it! So where shall we go?
Dad: Why Swensen’s of all places?
Me: Oh, so they’re kind of having this deal that-
Mum: Aha! SO YOU JUST WANT TO EAT AT SWENSEN’S AND NOT SPEND TIME WITH US!
Me: I’m offended that you would even think such a thing!
Mum: It’s true, though, isn’t it?
Me: Well… yes.
Dad: I feel so used.
Don’t Say Bojio: Swensen’s Gives You Two Free Mains When You Eat With Your Parents
Need a reason to have a meal with your parents? Well, Swensen’s is giving you TWO big reasons to do so.
From now till 29 February, Swensen’s is offering two complimentary mains when you dine with your parents!
View this post on Instagram
When was the last time you had a meal with your parents? The time is now with 𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐒 for your parents, all you have to do is: 1) Quote "𝐒𝗪𝐄𝐍𝐒𝐄𝐍'𝐒 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋 𝐌𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒” upon ordering 2) Tag us at Facebook / Instagram using @SwensensSingapore #SwensensSpecialMoments in your family dining moments Head down to your nearest Swensen’s today and let family time be your resolution this 2020. *Enjoy one (1) complimentary main dish with every two (2) ala carte main dish purchased. Limited to two (2) complimentary main dishes per bill/table. *Minimum five (5) diners per bill. Valid till 29 February 2020. Not valid on public holiday, eve of public holiday and special occasions. Other Terms and Conditions apply. For more information, visit http://bit.ly/swensensbypo #SwensensSingapore
“When was the last time you had a meal with your parents?”, they ask. So, not only are they giving complimentary dishes, they’re also giving every Singaporean child a boatload of guilt for free.
For every 2 main dishes ordered, you will get a complimentary main dish for the parent (or kid, you decide).
Just look at their mains.
This offer is available at all outlets in the country except Earle Swensen’s.
Terms & Conditions
If you’ve read Goody Feed articles before, you’d know that we are people of integrity who would never use clickbait headlines to draw readers in.
Swensen’s however, is kind of pulling the wool over your eyes with the whole “2 free mains” thing.
You see, you get a free main for every two mains ordered, which means you’ll need to order four mains to get the two mains they promised.
So, while it’s still a decent deal, it probably sounds much better than it actually is.
But isn’t that the case with all good things in life?
Here are some other terms and conditions you should take note of:
- Enjoy one complimentary ala carte dish with every two ala carte main dishes purchased.
- Maximum two complimentary dishes can be redeemed in the same bill.
- Minimum of 5 diners in the bill.
- No splitting of bill/table.
- Not valid in conjunction with other discounts, promotions, and vouchers in the same bill.
- Not valid on special occasions (Valentine’s Day, etc) and on eve of and Public Holidays.
- Management reserves the right to request for age verification and to amend the offer T&Cs without prior notice.
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- 10 Facts About Crash Landing On You, The 2nd Descendants of the Sun That Everyone's Talking About
- The Real (& Main) Reason Why We Still Can't Vote Online in General Elections
- Experts Explain Why People Are Panic Buying Toilet Paper from Supermarkets During COVID-19 Outbreak
- Guide to Cleaning Your Smartphone Correctly ‘Coz Authorities Said Must Keep Phone Clean
- 5 Facts About NCID Singapore (National Centre for Infectious Diseases), The Place Many People Haven’t Heard of Before COVID-19 Outbreak
- 6 Hidden Gems in Yishun That Even Yishunites Might Not Know About