Cendol is a Singapore dessert that—
Malaysian Reader Ah Hock: Wei, you don’t anyhowly say hor. Cendol belongs to Malaysia.
Me: Ah Hock ah, you never read CNN meh?
Malaysian Reader Ah Hock: Cendol inside got Gula Melaka leh, not Gula Singapore.
Me: We have cendol brown sugar black tea leh. Maybe can even add pearls.
Malaysian Reader Ah Hock: I’m on my way.
Okay, so as mentioned, cendol is a Singapore dessert coloured with green jelly. Everyone from nine to ninety loves it, and I’ll go on a limb to say that it’s the predecessor to bubble tea: just like bubble tea, it’s sweet and milky with chewable toppings.
TP Tea, a Taiwanese tea beverage chain that has over 300 stores worldwide and three outlets in Singapore (two in Suntec and one in Changi Airport T2), has decided to put cendol into their black tea, because why not?
And because everything-also-must-black-sugar now, the concoction is a Creamy Cendol Brown Sugar Black Tea:
Lest you can’t read the words, here you go:
It’s fresh and it’s creamy. Introducing our latest concoction: Creamy Chendol Brown Sugar Black Tea! Priced at $5.30 per cup, this Singapore’s local delight will have you spurred with anticipation. Available across all TP Tea outlets, terms and conditions apply.
Launch Special (1 Week Only):
First 50 Customers daily are able to enjoy 2 for $9 (Usual Price: $10.60)
9th – 16th October 2019
It’s unknown whether you can add pearls to this gem, but isn’t it already weird for cendol to be with black tea?
As mentioned, it’ll be 2 for $9 only for the first 50 customers, so you know where to go this weekend liao.
If not, $5.30 a cup is pretty reasonable too, considering that it’s cendol leh. Who can resist cendol? Not even Ah Hock from Melaka.
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- #FastFoodFriday: KFC Brown Sugar Boba Tea Tarts: The Pearls Are Just Jellies Shaped Like Boba
- Police NSF Jailed For Tricking Woman Into Exposing Bra During Video Call
- M’sian Influencer Who Called Women Who Wear Size M Clothes ‘Fat’ Apologises
- Miss S’pore International Charlotte Chia Says She Doesn’t Care That Netizens Insult Her Looks
- #ThirstyThursday: Playmade Wasabi Milk Tea Review: An Unholy Concoction Explained Only By Chaos
- Man Slams Dog On The Floor & Kicks It Because Of Its High Medical Bill