I was never really allowed to go to an arcade as a kid.
The culture of slotting tokens alluded me until I was late in secondary school, unfortunately.
But you know what I was allowed to have though? Marvel Comics.
Little me was always so immersed in the world of heroes and morally grey villains and continue to love them even till this day!
Along with so many Marvel movies these past few years, it’s definitely a great age to be a fan.
And if you’re a fan of both? Lucky you, because we got some value coming your way.
The Best Of Both Worlds
If you put two and two together, you know the answer is indeed four.
To celebrate Marvel’s 80th Anniversary, UNIQLO Singapore has launched Marvel Retro Gaming UTs!
Each machine is $900 by the way, this stuff is rare.
View this post on Instagram
To celebrate Marvel’s 80th Anniversary, we’ve launched Marvel Retro Gaming UTs! Also, stand a chance to win a Tabletop Retro Arcade Machine we worked on with @retrocadesg, worth $900! Click on our bio link for more info! How to enter: 1) Visit UNIQLO VivoCity or UNIQLO Orchard Central 2) On Instagram, upload a photo of yourself playing the arcade machines 3) Tell us what you love about retro games and Marvel 4) Hashtag #MarvelRetroGamingUT and #UniqloSG 4 lucky winners will be chosen to bring home the exact customised tabletop retro arcade machines currently displayed at UNIQLO Orchard Central and UNIQLO VivoCity. Contest ends 3 Nov. T&Cs apply. #UTWearYourWorld #ArtForAll #UniqloSG #Uniqlo #LifeWear
As you may have guessed from the post, its time to get the Instagram skills ready to nab this marvelous prize.
The instructions are as follows:
- Visit UNIQLO VivoCity or UNIQLO Orchard Central
- On Instagram, upload a photo of yourself playing the arcade machines
- Write a short description of why you love retro games and Marvel.
- Hashtag #MarvelRetroGamingUT and #UniqloSG
The contest doesn’t last very long and ends on 3 November, so if you got any mutant teleportation powers, this isn’t the time to hide them.
Here is a closer look at the machines.
It’s a little top-heavy, but otherwise looks easy enough to bring around to your friends’ houses.
Some of the games included are oldies like X-Men: Children of the Atom and UNIQLO’s replica of the game Marvel Super Heroes.
No doubt there would be more games inside as well.
Terms And Conditions
Of course, with great power comes great terms and conditions.
More like reminders really, but it never hurts to double-check.
- Four winners will be selected.
- Each winner will receive the customised tabletop retro arcade machines currently displayed at Uniqlo Orchard Central and Uniqlo Vivocity.
- Contest ends 3 Nov.
- T&Cs apply and Uniqlo reserves the right to change them without prior notice
So I don’t know about you guys and ‘thinking about it’, but I’m definitely heading by soon to try and nab me one of these arcade machines.
I’ll worry about where I want to place this in my house once I actually win it.
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- #FastFoodFriday: KFC Brown Sugar Boba Tea Tarts: The Pearls Are Just Jellies Shaped Like Boba
- Police NSF Jailed For Tricking Woman Into Exposing Bra During Video Call
- M’sian Influencer Who Called Women Who Wear Size M Clothes ‘Fat’ Apologises
- Miss S’pore International Charlotte Chia Says She Doesn’t Care That Netizens Insult Her Looks
- #ThirstyThursday: Playmade Wasabi Milk Tea Review: An Unholy Concoction Explained Only By Chaos
- Man Slams Dog On The Floor & Kicks It Because Of Its High Medical Bill