Do you guys have a WhatsApp group chat dedicated to old classmates? You know, secondary classmates and all.
If your answer is yes, well, then you know how bad the spams can get. (100+ unread messages in one hour, anyone?)
I woke up this morning to a buzzing phone. I honestly thought there was a housefly beside my ear or something. (Note to self: take out the trash)
Curious as I am, I took a look at my phone and noticed close to 300 messages!
C’mon guys! It’s like, 6:30 a.m.! So I sat on my bed, half awake, to see what the fuss was about. Maybe Darren kena hammered at a bar again or something.
It was then that I read about the suspension of MRT service between Joo Koon and Tuas Link.
Why the Ridout Road Colonial Houses Saga is Actually NOT a Saga:
Yikes. No wonder my friend was furious. (Fella works at Tuas area)
Apparently, due to the hoo-ha on 15 Nov, where a MRT train “moved forward unexpectedly” because of a glitch in the signalling system, such interim safety precautions were required.
As such, there will be no train services between Joo Koon and Tuas Link until Monday (20 Nov), and there will be no train service between Joo Koon and Gul Circle for up to a month.
Nah, have a look at this image LTA posted for a better idea.
Despite the inconvenience caused (and my constantly vibrating phone), I actually thought this might not be such a bad thing after all.
Okay, before you throw your ez-link card at my face, lemme explain myself.
Considering how the incident resulted in 36 people being injured, it might not be a bad thing just to be safe than sorry. I would rather reach home half an hour later than to spend a day in the hospital. (Unless you’re one of those Chao Keng kias)
Come on lah, guys. For such issues to be fixed, people also need some time right?
Whatever the case, I still think the disruption is way better than seeing another 30+ people being injured lor.
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about an NTU student who went all out to impress his crush, only to end up in…tragedy? Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Everything About the Joo Koon MRT Collision Explanation in 60 Sec
- MRT Collision in Joo Koon: Here Are 11 Facts You Should Know About This Incident
- 9 Facts About SMRT’s Amnesty That You Probably Want to Know
Featured Image: straitstimes.com
- 5 Out of 7 Cubicles “Out of Order” at Female Toilet in Newly-Opened Napier MRT Station
- Yishun Elderly Sweeps Stagnant Water to Neighbour’s Front Door After Every Corridor Wash
- Grab Driver Asks Woman Not to Take Grab if She Cannot Afford to Pay ERP During Heated Argument
- S’pore Couple Allegedly Banned From Entering M’sia After Asking About Officer’s Passport Chopping
- Hundreds of Termites Found Hiding Below Raised Wood Floor in Innocent-Looking HDB Flat
- Never clean your air fryer again with this simple hack
- You can have freshly brewed bubble tea at 3am for cheap with this instant bubble tea
- Introducing the Future of Fast Food: Self-Heating Fries + Sauce from Shopee