My emo kid years are long over.
Yet my love for emo music, or emo-ing over emo music, lives on.
Axl Rose, Michael Jackson, and a few others top my list. Most recent was Sam Smith.
But how about Green Day?
No, not this Green Day whereby we reject straws in a restaurant and think that we’ve just saved some turtles.
This Green Day.
Green Day is Coming to Town
American punk rock band Green Day is touring Singapore on 8 March 2020 at the Singapore Indoor Stadium.
Earmark your calendars, peeps.
Information about ticket sales hasn’t been released yet, so stay tuned in this app. We’ll update you if we feel like it.
So, what is so special about Green Day?
Green Day’s Two-Decade-Long Legacy
The band was founded in 1986. Over the last twenty years, they rose from the US punk scene to become one of the most successful American rock bands.
A few top hits, such as 21 Guns, Boulevard of Broken Dreams and Basket Case; multiple awards including 5 Grammies and a grand induction into the coveted Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, right beside Bon Jovi and Bob Dylan.
Bandmates Billie Joe, Mike Dirnt, and Tre Cool have released 12 albums to their name so far.
Green Day’s last Singapore tour was in 2010. This time, they will tour Singapore as part of the Hella Mega Tour releasing their new album, Father of All….
Watch the video yourself to join the dots lah.
While Singapore’s angsty Ah Bengs and Ah Lians might be spotted at the ticket queue sporting their typical 77th Street punk fashion, let’s not give this American man-band a miss!
After all, you never know what therapy belting live to 21 guns might bring.
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- #FastFoodFriday: KFC Brown Sugar Boba Tea Tarts: The Pearls Are Just Jellies Shaped Like Boba
- Police NSF Jailed For Tricking Woman Into Exposing Bra During Video Call
- M’sian Influencer Who Called Women Who Wear Size M Clothes ‘Fat’ Apologises
- Miss S’pore International Charlotte Chia Says She Doesn’t Care That Netizens Insult Her Looks
- #ThirstyThursday: Playmade Wasabi Milk Tea Review: An Unholy Concoction Explained Only By Chaos
- Man Slams Dog On The Floor & Kicks It Because Of Its High Medical Bill