You’re happy that you can finally meet your friend but you’ve got a nickname in school: the walking Facebook.
Every single group of friends you’re a part of has more than enough people to contest in three GRCs.
Will all of you ever be able to meet all together in one huge gathering anytime soon? Or play a 5v5 basketball match?
The answer, as you’ve probably read from the headline, is no.
Group of 5 Likely to Stay for ‘Months’ Even As More Places Reopen
On 2 July, Lawrence Wong, the face of Singapore’s battle against Covid-19, said that the maximum number of people who can gather together is 5 or fewer, will be here for quite some time.
And before you get your hopes up because so many more activities are opening up in Singapore
He has made it clear that groups of five or lesser will remain for “months”.
When asked if the task force has any timeline in mind, Mr Wong says they don’t because it’s still too early to tell yet.
Restrictions Might Slam Back At Any Time
As restrictions are eased further, you can expect to see the number of community cases increase.
While a stable increase is still acceptable, the task force warns that if these two scenarios happen:
- Case numbers spike
- Large clusters form
Tighter measures will kick in.
Let me do a translation for you: #CBversion2 or back to Phase one.
Health Minister Gan Kim Yong also says that Singapore hasn’t seen the full effect of the opening up so far, and the next few weeks might see an increase in the number of cases.
The task force says that right now, they’re still in the “monitoring” stage and the time will come when they announce further relaxation, but “it’s still too early to discuss” right now.
In other words, don’t do what this badminton lover did and let us all stay safe and sound so we don’t get arrested for going out to eat bak kut teh:
To stay in the loop about news in Singapore, you might want to subscribe to our YouTube channel whereby we’d update you about what’s happening here daily:
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Here’s What Happened in Cordlife Group, Whereby Stored Cord Blood Units in S’pore Are Damaged
- Popular Owner of Guan Kee Char Kway Teow is Retiring Due to a Health Scare
- ComfortdelGro’s New Lexus Taxis Do Not Have Taxi Signs Atop Its Roof
- Actress Julie Tan Doesn’t Hesitate & Shaves Head For a Local Movie
- Nobel Peace Prize Winner & Former US Secretary of State, Dr Henry Kissinger, Dies at 100 Years Old
- Another Coffee Chain Closing Down in Singapore: Spinelli Reportedly Closing All Outlets By This Year
- 37YO M’sian Singer-Actress Queenzy Cheng Dies After Having Breakfast Before Filming
- 8 Facts About Long Island, a Potential Reclaimed Land at East Coast