Just in case you’re not up to date about the latest Sanrio character, Gudetama is a Sanrio character which was introduced in 2013. His name is a word play on “gude gude”; it’s used to describe a person with no energy or strength and “tama” is probably from tamago which means egg.
Sorta like when you crack open an egg and the egg white and egg yolk just slides onto the plate without any specific shape – it does look like some of us the moment we reach home after a long day.
Gudetama has a short anime series, each episode up to about a minute long or so, and at the end of the episode features a man in the orange costume. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, check out one of the videos here.
So with such a cute anime series and all the adorable merchandises you see around the shops in Singapore, what comes next? It’s very own restaurant of course!
The Gudetama restaurant is located in Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui. The Gudetama themed restaurant serves an entire range of dim sum in the shape of the character.
Not only that, what attracts people to this place is how the diners can squeeze Gudetama’s cute little butt and ‘poop’ (not to worry, it’s chocolate sauce) will come out. You’ll see lots of videos of Gudetama ‘pooping’ and ‘vomiting’ all over YouTube and Instagram. It’s kind of cute to watch such videos from time to time and probably you’ll add this to one of the places you’re going to visit on your next trip to Hong Kong.
Aside from the buns where you can make the character ‘poop’ and ‘vomit’, they have a range of dim sum with Gudetama’s face on it – from Prawn Dumplings to Custard Tarts.
If you’re really up to visit this restaurant, you have been warned in advance – it’s really crowded!
And of course, the Singapore Gudetama restaurant is only going to be opened on 30 November 2016, so this is the closest Gudetama you can get now!
L308, 3/F, The ONE,
100 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui,
Kowloon, Hong Kong
(Tsim Sha Tsui Station, Exit B1 or B2)
Join our Telegram channel and you won't miss out on the most popular articles: https://t.me/goodyfeedsg
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Clarke Quay Hotpot Restaurant Sells Rabbit Meat & As Expected, Netizens Started to Do Something About It
- Kurt Tay’s 31YO Prankster’s Way to Convince Kurt to Drop Police Case is As Childish as His Prank
- Japanese Sugar Baby ‘Luxury Mistress’ Matchmaking Service Comes to S'pore Without Much Resistance...Yet
- S’porean Shopper In JB Shocked to Know That The Money She Drew from ATM Were Fake
- 2 Men Arrested After Fighting Over A&W Seats At Jewel Changi Airport
- Media Makes Fun Of Gold Medalist Joseph Schooling For Putting On Weight At SEA Games