The Wuhan virus situation is worsening every single day. The number of confirmed cases as well as the death toll is increasing as you read this.
At the time of writing, the number of confirmed cases has exceeded over 17,000 and the death toll is over 350.
This means that there was a sharp surge of around 50 deaths within the span of a short day.
Amidst all the dreary talk of death and precautionary measures, we need a little more positivity and good news.
The good news is that as of now, there is no evidence of community spread in Singapore, and most of the confirmed cases here have been quickly isolated.
But how do we bring more positivity you ask? It’s pretty simple really:
Gurmit Singh Posted SARS Rap & Asked If There Should be a Wuhan Virus Rap
At the height of the SARS outbreak, everyone felt scared and let’s be honest, things got more than a little gloomy around here.
“Some say ‘leh’, some say ‘lah’, Uncle Phua say time to fight Sars.”
Gurmit Singh’s Sar-Vivor rap brought hope, positivity and a little comedy when things seemed uncertain and scary.
Despite it being released way back in 2003 (has it really been 17 whole years ago) all my friends still randomly break out and sing the rap for fun.
That was how catchy it was.
Here’s a little video to jog your memory:
It’s only appropriate then that a Phua Chu Kang Wuhan virus rap is made as well right?
Gurmit Singh himself seems to think so judging by his Facebook post.
Gurmit Singh took to Facebook to repost his famous Sar-vivor Rap with the caption, “PCK Sars Rap. Should we have him do the Wuhan Rap?”
There’s Already A Wuhan Virus Rap Inspired By The PCK Sars Rap
Unfortunately, other Singaporeans have already beat him to his own game and crafted a catch Wuhan Virus rap that’s inspired by Phua Chu Kang’s Sar-vivor Rap.
It’s aptly called the Kung Flu, which skillfully incorporates martial arts into the battle against the Wuhan Virus.
Should Phua Chu Kang still do a Wuhan Virus rap then? I say hell yes.
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Leaked Audio Recording of Chan Chun Sing is a ‘Betrayal of Trust’, Says The President of the Meeting
- G.E.M’s Music Video About Covid-19 Fighters is So Touching, It’s Been Viewed 1 Million Times in 2 Days
- People Are Making Police Reports About Online Store Selling Surgical Masks That Advertised on FB
- Guide to Cleaning Your Smartphone Correctly ‘Coz Authorities Said Must Keep Phone Clean
- COVID-19 S’porean Patient Describes His Experience; Says a Nurse Has a Pregnant Wife Waiting for Him at Home
- South Korea Now Has Nearly As Many COVID-19 Cases as S’pore Due to a Church Cluster, Too