Last Updated on 2016-05-19 , 1:37 pm
By now, all Singaporeans should know that there’s a by-election going on in Bukit Batok SMC, and it’s going to be a straight fight between PAP’s Mr Murali Pillai and SDP’s Mr Chee Soon Juan.
But do you know that Mr Sherwin Eu, a 32-year-old Uber driver, also tried to be a candidate but failed?
In GE2015, Sherwin was disqualified in his bid to be a candidate in Bukit Panjang SMC as he did not have the required six signatures from the residents in his application.
And so, with the latest Bukit Batok by-election, he’s back and once again did not get the required six people to support him. Okay, that isn’t exactly that news-worthy…but wait till you hear what he says during a media interview.
Just in case you can’t view the video, here’s the transcript of the parts that would make you go, “Say what!?”
Reporter: Maybe you can tell us why do you want to take part in this election?
Sherwin: I like to be elected. I like to enjoy the fame and wealth of this job prospect.
Reporter: What can you do for the residents here?
Sherwin: For the residents of Bukit Batok, I’m not sure what they really want. At this juncture, I do not know what I can offer. It depends on the demand and supply.
Reporter: What do you say about people who say that you’re in for the publicity?
Sherwin: I can’t deny that. I’m also asking myself this question. It could be for fame, it could be for wealth or it could be for justice.
- Now That The Budget 2024 Statement is Out, Here’s What to Expect in the Next Few Weeks
- S’pore Address Rumours That We Pay Millions So Taylor Swift Won’t Perform in Other Southeast Asia Countries for Her Tour
- Chinese Actress Came Back from Vacation to Her House Burglarised With All Valuables Gone
- Everything About the Changes in CPF That Were Mentioned During Budget 2024
- Aide Dismisses Claims That M’sia Ex-PM Mahathir is in Critical Condition
- You Can’t Take Chickens from The Road to Cook It; NParks Now Investigating Man Who Caught Wild Chicken at Pasir Ris
- ECDA Completed Assessment of Kinderland Saga; Licence Tenures Limit in 2 Centres to Continue