Opened in 2013, there have been several incidents at JEM in this short 3 years.
Here’s a quick recap: the collapse of the ceilings, the glass shattering, the power failure, the screaming Alice Fong incident, the delayed opening and the car park and NTUC fires.
The JEM saga has started again with the recent fire, which forced shoppers and cinema-goers to evacuate from the mall. Here’s what you need to know about the JEM saga starting with a Bang!
The fire broke out at Burger King
The fire broke out on Tuesday night (19 July) around 8.30pm at Burger King, which was located at the basement of the mall. JEM management initiated the evacuation after the activated fire alarm as a precautionary measure.
Luckily nobody was injured
Luckily, the fire wasn’t deadly and was extinguished by the sprinkler system before SCDF’s arrival. SCDF is investigating the cause of the fire. It was reported that nobody was injured in this incident.
Cinema-goers were also affected
Cinema-goers were also affected when asked to evacuate the mall. Although it’s pretty chek ark to say this but it’s pretty funny to imagine the scene: Imagine watching an action-packed film (say: Independence Day Resurgence), and when MBS was destroyed, you literally smell smoke. Shrek 4D, anyone?
Witnesses claim they could smell smoke from the first level and a lot of people were running and taking pictures of the situation.
There is even a forum online catered to JEM’s fires, with people commenting
Why Jem kena fire when I’m shopping
Watch movie cinema full of smoke smell!!! Cathay please compensate!
Soon we’ll see meteors and stuff.
Despite the negative comments and incidents, you know we’ll still visit JEM. (unless you stay in the East) so just pray for your safety if you happen to be there.
Top Image: channelnewsasia.com
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- 10 Facts About Crash Landing On You, The 2nd Descendants of the Sun That Everyone's Talking About
- G.E.M’s Music Video About Covid-19 Fighters is So Touching, It’s Been Viewed 1 Million Times in 2 Days
- MOH Uses Some High-Tech Testing & Found Out There’s a Link Between the 2 Church Clusters
- Guide to Cleaning Your Smartphone Correctly ‘Coz Authorities Said Must Keep Phone Clean
- 5 Facts About NCID Singapore (National Centre for Infectious Diseases), The Place Many People Haven’t Heard of Before COVID-19 Outbreak
- 6 Hidden Gems in Yishun That Even Yishunites Might Not Know About