What would you do if your kids go out and wreck someone’s car, and the owner of the car tracked you down and confronted you?
- You run away and move to Mars, hoping that you’ll never be found again
- You apologize and pay for the damages
- You apologize but think that it’s perfectly normal, because they’re just kids
- You apologize to the kids ‘coz they are the kings of the world
- You apologize to the owner, pay for the damages and cane the kids
A strong kid would usually have #5 as his or her parents, but two families decided to go with #3.
Because as long as you’re young, you can do anything you want without consequences. At least that’s what seemed to be the case, since this is a pretty one-sided story.
Kids Caught Playing on Car Like It’s a Toy Car
A Stomper decided to make his view known by providing Stomp with three strawberries.
Stomper Sim was just away from his car for thirty minutes in a condo in Bukit Batok, and when he came back, he found marks, scratches and fingerprints all over his white car, and also a damaged door sensor.
Lest you’re not aware, car doors are now very high-tech: certain new cars just require a hand next to the car door, together with the electronic keys somewhere (usually in the pocket, of course), for the car to unlock itself.
So Stomper Sim decided to do a Sherlock Holmes and checked his in-car camera.
Three Kids Were Doing Their NS Fire Movement Drills with the Car
Okay, not an NS fire movement drill, but they were holding water guns and playing with the car.
You can view the video here, but here are some of the actions captured:
- A kid climbing and sitting on the bonnet, and then hitting it for no apparent reason
- A kid pressing down the car as if to test its suspension
- Kids putting their water guns on the bonnet and letting them slide down
- A kid seemed to throw a water bottle at the car
Stomper Sim continued with his Sherlock Holmes and managed to get the contacts of the children’s families through the management.
(Since you’re here, subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more informative videos lah)
Now, this is the juicy part when strawberries come into play.
According to Stomper Sim, this is what he said: “There were two families and I spoke to both sets of parents. The kids were not present…They just said sorry and that ‘children do wrong things is very normal’.”
Pretty sure things didn’t go well, because Stomper Sim had to make a police report after that.
Then Again, It’s Still a One-Sided Story
Let’s be clear on one thing: it’s essentially still a one-sided story. But another thing is clear: if those sets of parents (children not included) had really claimed that “doing wrong things” is apparently “very normal”, all I can think of is this.
‘Coz if this has happened in the 90s, the kids would be caned so hard, sitting on the car again would be painful #justsaying
Now you know what Singaporeans are talking about today; do check back tomorrow for another piece of news of the day!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- S’porean Got Scolded by Kid’s Parent for Not Smiling Back at Kid in an MRT Train. Strawberry Level X 99, Indeed.
- McDonald’s S’pore Has a Super Secret Prawn Paste ‘XXL’ Chicken Cutlet. We Tried It & It’s the Best Chicken Cutlet EVER
- Tourists Urged to be Careful After Footage of Woman Drugged in Thailand Got Viral with 5 Million Views
View this post on Instagram
The Coca-Cola Plus Coffee has arrived in Singapore, and let’s just say that the taste is very subjective: one of us thinks it’s like coffee candy, one of us thinks it’s like carbonated dark chocolate milk and one of us think it’s like Vanilla Coke. However, none of us thinks that it’s worth a second try, simply because we’ll all rather have Coke and coffee separately. Read the full review in our app. Link in bio. #sgig #sg #singapore #instasg #yoursingapore #sgphoto #singaporean #singaporelife #thisissingapore #instagramsg #igerssingapore #iluvsg #sgdaily #singaporeig #sglocal #sglifestyle #sgbloggers #sgblogger #sgfood #sgfoodies #foodsg #sgigfood #sgfoodporn #coke #cokecoffeeplus #cocacolacoffee #cocacola #sgcoffee