Nothing beats starting your day with a shower. You’d probably spend the first ten minutes standing and enjoying the hot water beating down your skin and washing all the sleepiness away.
Is a hot shower the best thing for your body? A cold shower could jumpstart you in a different way – you step out of the bathroom feeling crisp and refreshed.
To be honest, you can take hot and cold showers during the day, but the keyword here is when.
Here’s the breakdown, just for you.
When It’s Hot
A hot shower is your best buddy when it comes to relieving stiff muscles and tension. Allow the hot water to work on your body like a soothing massage. Focus on your back, neck and shoulders for the best results.
Another good time to have a hot shower is when you’re having a cold. Shut your bathroom windows and doors. Let the hot steam from your shower decongest and moisturise your nasal passage.
Did you know that a hot shower can elevate your oxytocin levels? This reduces your anxiety levels – now that’s one way to kill off the stress from your office!
When It’s Cold
Yes, just the thought of stepping into a cold shower has got your tingling all over. Once you’re gotten over the initial shock, it’s the best feeling ever.
Cold showers are actually the better choice for your tresses and skin. It hydrates and soothes your dry skin, and reduces extra breakouts on your hair – less split ends to deal with!
A cool shower at least two times in a day for just 3 minutes can aid in depression. It’s not going to be the ultimate cure, but it will surely give you some down time.
The Best Shower Combo
If you’re afraid of hitting it from the get go with a cold spray, start with a decent shower temperature. Switch your knob to a cold shower for the final 5 minutes, and your body will be shocked into an almost 100% awakened state.
This is a good thing.
The 180-turn in the temperature cuts out the fatigue from your body and peaks your mental alertness – imagine being as sharp as a chef’s knife.
Switch your shower temp today and glean the benefits today!
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Leaked Audio Recording of Chan Chun Sing is a ‘Betrayal of Trust’, Says The President of the Meeting
- G.E.M’s Music Video About Covid-19 Fighters is So Touching, It’s Been Viewed 1 Million Times in 2 Days
- People Are Making Police Reports About Online Store Selling Surgical Masks That Advertised on FB
- Guide to Cleaning Your Smartphone Correctly ‘Coz Authorities Said Must Keep Phone Clean
- COVID-19 S’porean Patient Describes His Experience; Says a Nurse Has a Pregnant Wife Waiting for Him at Home
- South Korea Now Has Nearly As Many COVID-19 Cases as S’pore Due to a Church Cluster, Too