Last Updated on 2022-06-01 , 2:57 pm
So. You’re not that skinny, but you want to appear skinny. There’s no short-cut to losing weight, but there’re apparently short-cuts to create an illusion of…slimness.
After all, isn’t applying make-up a way to create an illusion of beauty?
Here’re 10 ways to make yourself look slimmer and taller, even if you’re not. Because why not? #noharmtrying
Use Skinny Belts to Define your Waist
This is the most flattering way to highlight your natural waistline and look slimmer. In contrast, thick belts will only make you look shorter and make your waist look thicker.
Pick the Right Maxi Skirt
The right maxi skirt can make you look shapelier. Ladies with curves should avoid skirts with too much fabric, such as layered skirts, large exterior pockets or many thick pleats. These features will only add bulk to your figure!
Pick skirts in solid colours and make sure they don’t hug your bodies, but merely skim over the bottom half of your body…
Why the Ridout Road Colonial Houses Saga is Actually NOT a Saga:
…and Pair Them with Heels
It’s a no-brainer that wearing heels can make you look taller. However, try to avoid chunky heels or boots, and go for stilettos or more delicate shoewear.
Use Proportion to your Advantage
High-waisted bottoms can make your legs look longer, creating an illusion of a more streamlined figure. You can also tuck in your top to make your top half shorter in comparison to your bottom.
Black is the Best
It’s no secret that black can make people look slimmer and smaller in size. However, it doesn’t mean that you have to keep to a monochromatic style. Dark shades of colours can help too, such as forest green, maroon and so on.
Such details and accessories can overwhelm your outfit and weigh you down.
Pick Tops That are Not Too Long
Make sure the top length ends before it reaches your hip. Otherwise, it can mess up your body proportion, making you look shorter. Crop tops are good for streamlining the body, if you are confident enough to reveal a bit more!
Leave a Few Buttons Undone
Try unbuttoning a few buttons of your shirt or jacket. This creates more vertical lines, which in turn helps you to look taller.
Wear Long Necklaces
Ditch the chokers – they cut your neck in half and therefore, shortens your silhouette. Pick long chains and necklaces to create more vertical lines and lengthen your body!
Wear Smaller Prints
Avoid large flowery prints, especially those in super bright colours. They only serve to overwhelm petite figures and emphasise large bodies. Smaller prints look more feminine and can make you look more delicate.
Featured Image: SHEIN + hermes.com
- 5 Out of 7 Cubicles “Out of Order” at Female Toilet in Newly-Opened Napier MRT Station
- Yishun Elderly Sweeps Stagnant Water to Neighbour’s Front Door After Every Corridor Wash
- Grab Driver Asks Woman Not to Take Grab if She Cannot Afford to Pay ERP During Heated Argument
- S’pore Couple Allegedly Banned From Entering M’sia After Asking About Officer’s Passport Chopping
- Hundreds of Termites Found Hiding Below Raised Wood Floor in Innocent-Looking HDB Flat
- Never clean your air fryer again with this simple hack
- You can have freshly brewed bubble tea at 3am for cheap with this instant bubble tea
- Introducing the Future of Fast Food: Self-Heating Fries + Sauce from Shopee