Customer Found Large Maggot in Meepok & Thought It Was a Bean Sprout; Eatery Has Since Responded

Food deliveries were my best friend during the circuit breaker.

And for getting me to GrabFood gold membership.

However, sometimes screw-ups like wrong food orders or missing items do happen and that’s just the risk of using the app.

Still, when you get BUGS inside your food?

That’s when people get understandably angry.

Maggot

I can feel some of you visibly cringe at the sub-header.

Recently, a Facebook user, Ho, ordered some noodle soup from GrabFood.

He mentioned indicating that he did not want bean sprouts and got curious when he saw something that looked like it.

Turns out that it wasn’t a bean sprout but a maggot.

Image: Facebook (Brendan Ho)

Mr Ho goes onto say that it was extremely unhygienic of the food establishment to allow the maggot in.

“Never ordering from there ever again.”

The worst part was that he mentioned already taking a bite out of the food before discovering the maggot.

The post has since gone viral and been shared over 270 times.

The Stall’s Response

With how much it blew up, the stall, Tian Tian Chi Mian, responded to Mr Ho in the comments.

“Under no circumstances should our customer go through such a bad experience on food hygiene breach.”

Interested in writing and looking to earn some extra income? Goody Feed is currently looking for Home-Based Writers! Click here for more info!

The promised to double up on their hygiene and preventive measures, even going so far as to offer him a compensation of S$30.

Image: Facebook (Brendan Ho)

They also acknowledge that he has no obligations to remove his post.

However, they also ask to seek “compassion and understanding if you can” as they fear their staff might lose their job.

You can read the entire post here, though be warned that it has some harsh language.

A 34YO "old-virgin" S'porean was desperately looking for a boyfriend and surprisingly, she really found one online. But the intentions of the man will make you cry. Prepare tissue paper to watch this video based on real events:

Other Related Incidents

While it is an unfortunate incident, it is also understandable that people are being more conscious about food cleanliness.

Just recently, researchers have found that the coronavirus can exist inside chilled salmon for up to eight days.


Advertisements  

In fact, one of the original sources of the virus also came from a seafood market Huanan Seafood Market in Wuhan at the end of last year.

Then there are also jokers like this employee who handled raw and cooked food with the same hand and tongs.

He didn’t wear his mask properly either, so that could’ve made things even worse.

Lastly, a resurgence of the GBS virus on the rise, people ought to be more careful around food like raw freshwater fish.

Read Also: Netizens Praise Auxiliary Police Officer Who Stopped Fight & Adjusted Angry Man’s Mask Indifferently


Advertisements  

Advertisements  

Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!

Latest & Popular Articles You Must Not Miss:


Advertisements  

Advertisements  

Our Most Popular Videos You Must Not Miss:
Advertisements  
 
This Singapore love story set in the 90s shows you why you should never wait for tomorrow. Watch it without crying: