While we might come across people whom we wish would speed up their actions at the Automated Teller Machine (ATM), we probably wouldn’t end up hitting them if they ended up pressing the ATM buttons slower than we’d like.
But that clearly was not for the man who was at the ATM located at Geylang Lorong 25 on 12 May at around 8pm.
On 12 May, the following video was uploaded by a Bangladeshi migrant worker onto social media platform TikTok.
@hasanrakib789 Lucky not hit me ☹️#figting #sg #fypシ #goviral #tiktokbdofficial🇧🇩 ♬ Oh No – Kreepa
In the video, a man was seen sitting on the floor in front of a POSB ATM booth, with his head bleeding and his shirt stained.
There was blood smeared on the ground as well.
A short distance away, a man wearing a black singlet was also seated on the floor.
The video then panned to the large group of onlookers who were trying to get a close-up view of what exactly happened.
Fought Arose Due to Man Using ATM “Slowly”
Apparently, based on reports by Shin Min Daily News, the man wearing the black singlet had attacked the other man both verbally and physically as he was displeased with how slowly he was using the ATM.
According to a shop owner that Shin Min interviewed, the men first got into a squabble, and then started fighting after that.
The attacker continued hitting the victim even after the victim’s head started bleeding, and he only stopped when those in the area went up and urged him to stop doing so.
In the video, passersby were also seen chastising the man in the black singlet for his actions while his head was bowed.
Onlookers also lodged a police report, and according to the TikTok video, police officers arrived four minutes after the police were notified of the incident.
In the comments section of the TikTok video that has since garnered over 362,500 views, many commenters were left shocked at the scene that had occurred, and some also questioned why there seems to be an increase in the number of fights in Singapore as of late.
The police confirmed that two men aged 43 and 54 were arrested for affray. The 53-year-old victim was sent to hospital conscious after the police interfered.
Investigations are currently ongoing.
- Raybe Oh Befriended Migrant Worker Who is Also a Burns Survivor During Their Recovery Period
- A M’sia Lorry Tried to Smuggle 17 Dogs into S’pore But Were Foiled by ICA
- 6 Non-Fully-Vaxxed People Were Caught for Dining In Via Random Spot Checks
- Former Singtel Staff Jailed After Accessing Confidential Info After a Breakup
- S’pore Family Allegedly Asked by JB Officer for a Bribe After Their Passports Weren’t Stamped
Featured Image: TikTok (@hassanrakid789)
- Now That The Budget 2024 Statement is Out, Here’s What to Expect in the Next Few Weeks
- S’pore Address Rumours That We Pay Millions So Taylor Swift Won’t Perform in Other Southeast Asia Countries for Her Tour
- Chinese Actress Came Back from Vacation to Her House Burglarised With All Valuables Gone
- Everything About the Changes in CPF That Were Mentioned During Budget 2024
- Aide Dismisses Claims That M’sia Ex-PM Mahathir is in Critical Condition
- You Can’t Take Chickens from The Road to Cook It; NParks Now Investigating Man Who Caught Wild Chicken at Pasir Ris
- ECDA Completed Assessment of Kinderland Saga; Licence Tenures Limit in 2 Centres to Continue