When I was first told to write this article, I thought the title was a clickbait.
But no, it is what it says. Not a clickbait.
Proposals are getting more elaborate these days, especially with social media as an ever-ready platform of comparison. Every other day, we see fancy proposals, crazy wedding-themed set-ups, and the list goes on.
But for Kenesha Antoine, the moment of a lifetime turned into what we think will be her biggest heartbreak last Thursday (19 September 2019).
Sobs. We can only imagine how much pain Kenesha must be in now.
The couple went on a holiday together at the Manta Resort in Zanzibar (off the coast of Tanzania).
Staying in one of the most luxurious rooms, the “Underwater Room”, the room costs US$1,700 (~S$2,342) per night. The room’s in a wooden cabin, where the bedroom is underwater, surrounded by glass windows which greets you with an amazing ocean view.
The fatal accident happened when Weber appeared at their window, with a handwritten proposal note that reads “I can’t hold my breath long enough to tell you everything I love about you, but everything I love about you I love more every day. Will you please be my wife, marry me.”
Weber proceeded to open a ring box, and the video showed him swimming back to the surface.
But he never made it back to the surface.
Manta Resort CEO, Matthew Saus, confirmed that “a male guest tragically drowned while freediving alone outside the underwater room”. The accident is currently under investigation by the local authorities.
Weber’s sister also shared that “he had an infectious smile and the most beautiful eyes and he loved everybody around him and to say that everybody loved him is an understatement”.
We’re sure he will be dearly missed by the people who love him, and his fiancé.
The original Facebook post by Kenesha has also gone viral, and netizens took to the comments section to share their condolences.
This is so sad.
Better be careful with your proposal ideas, pals! We’re sure your partners would rather have you by their sides than lose you for the rest of their lives because of that moment.
- NUS Study Shows Parents Who Has More Self-Control & Less Financial Stress Have Children Who are Stronger Mentally
- Wendy’s Cancelled Surge Pricing Plan; Here’s What It Is & Why It Could Really Happen
- Guide to How to Change from Your SimplyGo Cards to the Old EZ-Link Cards
- Everyone is Talking About CPF Special Account. Here’s What It Is.
- Lawrence Wong: No Further Need for GST Hike Up to 2030
- Singapore’s Total Fertility Rate Hits Record Low, Falling Below 1 for the First Time
- Why Hotel Rates in Johor is Set to Increase from 1 March 2024