You know how everyone seems to be staring in their own reality TV show these days on Snapchat or IG stories?
Hoping to go viral and then monetise all their posts?
Well, single parent Brian Slocum, 43, thought that it would be funny to show the occasional exasperation of being a dad. #DadJokes
He first went to a female doctor and tried to prank her, telling her that his kid is “not normal” because his seven-month-old kid trashed him in Fortnite.
She, unsurprisingly, told him to get out.
Well, let’s just say that while the doctor wasn’t amused, she didn’t do anything drastic.
Selling My Baby
Feeling it’s a bust (and not good enough for his Snapchat followers), he decided to try his luck again.
So, Slocum thought that it would be a funny idea to go to the pawn shop and attempt to sell his 7-month-old baby.
He walked confidently into A&F Pawn Jewelry and Loan with his 7-month-old son, Caden in tow to film his latest content.
According to the shop owner Richard Johnson, Slocum placed the baby Caden on the counter and asked in a very serious tone if he could pawn his son.
Johnson was so shocked by the request that it left him speechless. Slocum then went on to say that he just needed a baby sitter for two weeks.
Ironically, Slocum thought the pawn shop was a bust (not entertaining enough) and told his followers that he hopes “something exciting will happen” so he’ll get a good snap.
He left the shop not knowing that his life would turn upside down.
Unfortunately for Slocum, Johnson couldn’t appreciate his humour, and let’s just say that just like the name of his shop, he was angry AF.
Johnson immediately called the cops on him and soon, the police force was activated to ‘save’ baby Caden from a potentially neglectful parent.
His face and name were all over the evening news on that very day.
Slocum then called the police to explain the whole situation. He then had to go through the process of proving his innocence and love for his son to the police and social service officer.
If you are as curious as me to see Slocum’s Snapchat, you can watch it here.
So is this prank a yay or a nay?
While it is entertaining to film pranks and funny videos, it is important to consider how information can be misconstrued at times. Do think twice before you post something on the internet!
Yes, I’m talking to you boys and girls who love doing stuff on IG for views:
- Youth Filmed Doing Push Ups & Sit Ups on Busy Road for Instagram
- Another Youth Directed IG Video, This Time Of A Girl Playing Around in a Van
- Youth Crashed ofo Bike Into Wall & Says He Wants To Get Trended ‘Badly’
- Youth Spend Time Productively by Setting Fire on Cardboard in HDB Void Deck & Posting in IG Story
Because there will be consequences.
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls: try to be normal, please.
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- K. Shanmugam & Michelle Chong Responded to ‘One-Sided’ ST Article About the Ah Lian Video
- Fellow Pink Dot Ambassador Called Out Tosh Rock For Lack of Responsibility
- S’pore Couple’s Super Atas Wedding Allegedly Cost About $1.4 Million
- Several Mobile Phone Shops in S’pore Declare Huawei Phones with ‘$0 Resale Value’
- Carrie Wong’s BF & Ian Fang Suddenly Make Peace After Public Spat on Instagram
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!