Do you use Uber? Do your friends use your Uber? Do strangers from multiple different countries use your Uber?
Unfortunately, that has happened to a few netizens. Imagine opening your DBS credit care bill, and see 2,000 SGD worth of transactions through Uber. You’re going to remember if you’ve spent 2,000 bucks on taking Uber rides in multiple different countries, so it’s quite likely that had nothing to do with you.
Unless you somehow blacked out, teleported to New Zealand and Australia, then furiously took strangers’ cars, like a really boring Hangover film.
This poor guy opened this bill through his email.
Those are transactions in Canadian Dollar, Australian Dollar, Hong Kong Dollar and New Zealand Dollar. When the guy lives in Singapore.
How did DBS not notice that? Did they think it was really possible for a guy to take Uber in 4 countries on the same day while living in a 5th? As I understand it, should some unbelievable transactions occur, like an extreme amount suddenly spent in a different country, or just random amounts in multiple countries, there should be a red flag of some sort?
Unfortunately, there was nothing of the sort.
According to some forummers on HardwareZone, this doesn’t seem to be an isolated case, as others have reported receiving bills of 900 SGD with transactions through Uber when they hadn’t even used Uber before.
Granted, these have to be taken with a grain of salt, considering only the first dude provided a screenshot of his bill. However, the very fact that this occurred to one guy shows that it could happen to others as well.
So guys, the next time you take Uber, remember to check if you’re in the correct country!
Since you’re here, why not check out Goody Feed’s YouTube videos as well? They’re so Singaporean, I bet you’ll like them!
Featured Image: businessofapps.com
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- This True Story of an Uber Driver and Her Passenger is More Drama Than Desperate Housewives
- Uber Self-Driving Car Got into an Accident & Was Grounded Immediately
- Everything About Perplexity AI, The ChatGPT-Like Search Engine That’s a Real Threat to Google
- 10 Facts About Drain Flies, The Small Flies That Are Always in Your Toilet & Bathroom
- Why People Are Making Friendship Bracelets Ahead of Taylor Swift’s Concert
- Everything About the South Korea Doctors’ Protest So Far
- What Chan Chun Sing Said About Having Israel-Hamas Conflict Contents in MOE CCE Materials
- 2024 Has a 29 Feb. Here’s What a Leap Year is & Why It’s Needed
- Everything About Swiftonomics, Whereby Taylor Swift’s Presence Can Impact Local Economics
- “Haunted” ChatGPT Spat Out Gibberish & Nonsensical Responses for Hours This Week
- 5 Facts About The Legality of Sky Lanterns in Singapore