Some check their daily or weekly fortunes on the horoscope page of an 8Days magazine, refer to an internet page for it, or consult their app. Some people I know of, consult an almanac. Really, who nowadays consults an almanac unless you are an astrologer or geomancer by profession?
Anyway, horoscopes or zodiac signs are believed by many of us (and I occasionally) that the stars have an effect on our lives. Such belief existed more than 3,000 years ago when ancient Babylonians believed movements of the constellations have an influence on earthly events. The ancient Chinese share similar beliefs too.
Today, we know that there are 12 zodiacs, each representing a period of a month on the Gregorian calendar (the calendar we now use). But what if there is a 13th sign and you are now under a new sign, would you worry that there will be upheavals in your life? Would your characteristics, behavior, and fortunes (and misfortunes) change drastically? Fret not! There is no such change.
Lately, there seem to be some kind of rumor about a new 13th zodiac sign and that people’s horoscopes will be changed accordingly. This news began when Cosmopolitan magazine misunderstood NASA to be changing the dates assigned to the constellations and when the forgotten 13th zodiac Ophiuchus was discussed, the magazine assumed Ophiuchus will be added into the cycle.
NASA stressed that astronomy, not astrology and fortune-telling, is its “thing”. Laurie Cantillo of the Planetary Exploration, Heliophysics department explained: “We didn’t change any zodiac signs, we did the math. NASA reported that because the Earth’s axis has changed, the constellations are no longer in the same place they were thousands of years ago.”
In short, there is no serpent-grabber added to the zodiacal fray and your astrological sign and fortunes (and misfortunes) remain unchanged. Yay!
Featured images: cqmsjt.com and www.pinterest.com
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- NUS Study Shows Parents Who Has More Self-Control & Less Financial Stress Have Children Who are Stronger Mentally
- Wendy’s Cancelled Surge Pricing Plan; Here’s What It Is & Why It Could Really Happen
- Guide to How to Change from Your SimplyGo Cards to the Old EZ-Link Cards
- Everyone is Talking About CPF Special Account. Here’s What It Is.
- Lawrence Wong: No Further Need for GST Hike Up to 2030
- Singapore’s Total Fertility Rate Hits Record Low, Falling Below 1 for the First Time
- Why Hotel Rates in Johor is Set to Increase from 1 March 2024